Peyton Manning interested in the Texans? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peyton Manning interested in the Texans?

I saw that as well. I think the Texans would be stupid to do this. Schaub is easily a good enough QB to win a Super Bowl. I actually believe if he was healthy for the playoffs they are at least in the Super Bowl if not winning it.

the article says ,he wants to play on a team that has a chance of going to the super bowl, nothing about him wanting to play for texans. i wonder what the texans salary cap situation is?

Schuab is a poor man's Peyton. Excellent reg season stat guy, struggles in big games but why bother? Peyton has a house in South Florida so clearly he's going to the dolphins:D

I couldn't really see this happening. For one I just can't picture Peyton basically forcing a good starting QB out of his job. Also if this were to happen and Peyton doesn't play better than Schaub has the last few seasons (which was pretty darn good) then everybody is going to say it was a bad move to sign him, especially if Schaub goes elsewhere and plays good.

What about the Philly reporter who said Manning is going to the Skins? Is that guy any less credible than this know-it-all?

we will still kick your butt'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

profootballtalk picked up on this story and the guy said he knows someone close to the manning family who said peyton is interested in playing for texans...take it with a grain of salt...i doubt peyton talks to anyone about it except his parents and brothers...

Wouldn't you want to play there?

I've talked about how playing on the Redskins might be an attraction to Peyton because of what Mike Shanahan was able to do in Denver with John Elway late in his career. But, that assumes Shanahan can actually get the Redskins up and running like he had in Denver. The Texans use the same exact formula, same exact style of play, but have the personnel and coaching to where they're already put together, already a well-oiled machine. They already ARE the Broncos of the late 1990's. All they need is someone at the QB position to put them over the top. And at this stage with Matt Schaub having been significantly injured in 4 of the 6 seasons he's spent with them, Manning might be no more of an injury risk than Schaub.

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain has shot down speculation that the Texans could be a potential landing spot for Peyton Manning.
According to McClain, it's safe to "forget" anything about Manning ending up in Houston. It's entirely possible KTRK-TV's Monday report that Manning is interested in playing for the Texans was factual, but apparently the feeling isn't mutual even though Matt Schaub is recovering from a serious foot injury. While it would be unwise to officially rule out any possible Manning destinations until he is actually released and signs elsewhere, it's worth noting that McClain is one of the most reliable beats in the business.
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/227822/forget-about-manning-to-houston-speculation

Back
Top Bottom