PFF Secret Superstar: Anthony Fasano, Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by j0hnny63, Apr 5, 2011.

1. j0hnny63

j0hnny63 bon jon bovi

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/04/05/secret-superstar-anthony-fasano-miami-dolphins/

2. footsteps_falco

footsteps_falco Damn SugarBowl Finheaven VIP Donator

yea he's a hell of a blocker, atleast madden knows it, he always has the highest (run) blocking stat(s) as far as TE's go. I think he's a decent receiver, but it's obvious what type of player we need to get to compliment him. should be able to target that in rounds 3-5 of the draft. wouldn't be terrible to also bring in a guy like Miller from FA to push fasano back as a #2.. that's where you'll find some mismatches

3. D0lphan72

D0lphan72 War... War never changes Donator

whose the girl in your signature?

4. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

It's amazing that we can throw around the words "super star"
    for this type of player.
    When did our expectations dropped so low???

5. Jersey DolFan

Jersey DolFan Banned Hammered

I like Fasano . . i've seen him make some great catches, run over people, and most of all this article is interesting b/c they say anthony is ranked extremly high as far as blocking TE's go. we have ourselves a good TE and a dedicated player, im not sure why everyone is so negative around here all the time. It is obvious our O-line took a few steps back in 10, and our QB had plenty of his own issues. some of our better offensive players should not be held so accountable. i think marshall had the worst showing simply b/c he had soo many drops and inconsitancies. . . but i think he will bounce back this year as will our o-line. we just need to concentrate on figuring out the QB situation, bringing in an interior lineman and a young RB.

6. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

I think Fasano gets a bad rap with some fans. In Sparano's offense, the TE needs to be able to block. I think Fasano is also a decent receiver. He will never be confused with Anthony Gonzalez, but he is a lunch pail type of player. Believe me, we could do a lot worse.

7. Adam First

Adam First Don't Hate Miami Finheaven VIP Donator

Tight ends in a contemporary NFL are supposed to be receivers, like Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez, Brent Celek, Jason Witten, etc. While Fasano does have an important role in our run game, nobody will think highly of him because he's an extremely inconsistent receiver.

8. Krush

Krush Finaholic Donator

Pass blocking 28% of the time is not the way this team needs to hand it's business this season, it's plain to see that he's a capable TE if used that way Sparano better get his head out of his butt and involve this guys a little more in the pass receiving game. I would put Brandon Marshall in as a TE in some formations.

9. JayFin327

JayFin327 Well-Known Member Donator

I like Fasano....he always seems to do a flip for no apparent reason when about to be tackled...entertaining to watch.

10. vagrantprodigy

vagrantprodigy A True Fan

He's the kind of guy who'd be a great number two, but he's slow, and just isn't a good receiving tight end.

11. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

Great Article! Fasano is very overlooked.

12. Namor

Namor Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

I don't know!!! ...This sounds more like ..double secret probation,handed down from Dean Wormer.

13. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

I've always liked Fasano, but superstar?!?

That's a bit of a reach.

(not a bad write up, though)

:bumpus:

14. enJeppesen

enJeppesen Well-Known Member

:3w:

It is the name of an ongoing series that PFF are doing on an underrated/undervalued player from EVERY team. So lets put the irrelevant "the name of the article is weird!!!!! :(" discussion to rest

15. Doctor Phibes

Doctor Phibes Well-Known Member

Good article

16. spiketex

spiketex Kiko Alonso - El Bravo 47 the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

I expect us to draft another TE (probably in the 3rd round). I expect the player drafted will have more speed than Fasano and be more of an attacking option.
    New England became a lot more dangerous last season with the addition of Hernandez and Gronkowski. Both were terrific draft picks for their system. We need another talented TE to join Fasano.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011
  17. No1Phinatic

No1Phinatic Starter

Can none of the 3 rookie TE from a year ago develop into a seam threat? Seems likes Epps was supposed to have some speed for the position. I like Fasano as the starter just need that #2 that can separate and catch the ball. I don't remember any of the 3 getting many looks a season ago.