Phil Savage On Tuesday! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phil Savage On Tuesday!

i know, i was one of the ones expecting it, but just because we were hoping for it didnt mean it would happen, good to see it's actually happening... also, i thought they changed that rule saying you couldn't interview coaches of teams still in the playoffs, one of my friends who's an eagles fan said their D coord. Johnson has had some interviews already. Thought they said it took opportunities away from some guys because teams wanted to fill positions sooner rather than later, correct me if i'm wronge, because im not positive.

Originally posted by canesandphins1
just look at the ravens draft lately it is just awesome great high picks, middle, and late rounds

exactly, they've built a playoff team with the draft, rather then FA. i would love to see PS, or SP in miami.

Marvez mentioned this morning that the Phins were working on getting Savage in.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
i know, i was one of the ones expecting it, but just because we were hoping for it didnt mean it would happen, good to see it's actually happening... also, i thought they changed that rule saying you couldn't interview coaches of teams still in the playoffs, one of my friends who's an eagles fan said their D coord. Johnson has had some interviews already. Thought they said it took opportunities away from some guys because teams wanted to fill positions sooner rather than later, correct me if i'm wronge, because im not positive.

The rule change applies to coaches, not front office types.

Yes!

At least they are bringing him in and quick!

From the very start I wanted Scott Pioli or Phil Savage to come here.

Mueller needs to be the fall back...

and Tim Ruskell...who is Tim Ruskell?

It comes down to this...

no one heard of Tim Ruskell before this past week...

Phil Savage, Scott Pioli, Randy Mueller and Tom Modrak have been on the radar screen for some time.

I haven't really heard a negative thing about Savage or Pioli...

I'm not saying that Ruskell wouldn't do a good job...

but with keeping Wannestedt...I want someone who I think is going to have the power.

Couldn't agree more

Originally posted by RHoffman
At least they are bringing him in and quick!

From the very start I wanted Scott Pioli or Phil Savage to come here.

Mueller needs to be the fall back...

and Tim Ruskell...who is Tim Ruskell?

Pioli and Savage have been part of front offices who've succeeded in the draft and in recent years too. I'd be happy with Savage as the GM right now should Miami not want to wait for NE to lose before making a run at Pioli. From reading a couple of articles this morning though, it sounds like Miami's front office is going to make the correct decision here and not rush this process. I love hearing that. Can't wait to see who we nab.

If Savage gets the job and Wanny fails, Savage is good friends with Ferentz over at Iowa. I think he would consider the Miami job, because he son plays for Iowa and will graduate in the next two years. He has stated numerous times that he wants to stay so that he can coach his son.

Back
Top Bottom