Phil Simms admits to many wrong predictions, then predicts a billlls turnaround. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phil Simms admits to many wrong predictions, then predicts a billlls turnaround.

I doubt the Jills will make the playoffs this year, and I doubt they will next year. Im not saying we will either. I think a successful season this year, will be just one win against the pats.

I agree, the Bills will not make the playoffs this season. I think with the current playoff system in place, it will take 10 wins. Buffalo has 4 losses. There is no way they will finish the season 10-2 from this point. I'll let next year worry about itself for a while. Buffalo fans are alot like Miami fans at this point. We see the Miami game as our best chance to get a win. Overall some of us are, I think a little more optimistic. Some can rival your best doom and gloomers though.

I'm a little more optimistic because Buffalo has been so close to winning. The margin in three of the games was by a total of 8 points. The margin in the NE game was two TDs, but NE scored the last TD at the end of the game on a run back of a fumble when Buffalo was threatening to tie up the game. Buffalo's offence, nothing short of putrid in the first two games has shown a few signs of life and by the Jets game has finally become bad. Yeah, I know, that's not much, but at least the direction is right. It was the defense that took a step backward against the Jets, but then your offence isn't exactly in the same class as the Jets offence at this point.

I think a key battle will be the Bills offensive line versus the Miami defensive line. As y'all are perfectly aware, the Bills line has struggled. After giving up seven sacks versus the Raiders and NE, it dropped to 4 versus the Jets. John Abraham had three of those working against Jonas Jennings. Jennings however had gotten a concussion the week before (see the thread about Wilfork taking cheap shots) and reportedly wasn't himself. I question whether he should have been playing. Mike Williams, who had started training camp in terrible shape, had one of his best games as a pro. If Jennings is healthy, it's conceivable that Buffalo can stand up to Miami's line OK. Looking at Miami's depth chart, I'm guessing Chester is not starting because of injury. I'm also assuming that's why Zgonina is starting in place of Tim Bowen. I think Zgonina has some pass rush ability, but he's clearly not Tim Bowens and the other guy (Robinson?) is a downgrade from Chester. Lawrence Smith is more of a pass blocker than a run blocker, but Robinson will be the first guy he's faced all season who hasn't outweighed him by 20+ lbs. It's a little unclear whether Teague will be able go at center or not. He broke a non-weight bearing bone in his lwer leg, not unlikeTravis Henry last year. He missed the NE game, replaced by Ross Tucker. If Teague can play, he's actually had a pretty decent season. He's pretty athletic. His replacement is big, strong, but not very athletic Ross Tucker. I think Teague is a much better match for the kind of player Zgonina than Tucker is. Buffalo guard Chris Villarrial, and Zgonina probably faced each other in practice every week. That familiarity will be very a interesting contributing factor to the game.

I think Buffalo will win, but the fans of 0-4 teams don't have much justification for talking smack. I can't guarrantee it. Buffalo has shown the capacity to lose in new and creative ways. It will be an interesting game.

Back
Top Bottom