'Phins Cap situation According to NFL.com | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'Phins Cap situation According to NFL.com

Hmmm.....interesting.....I'm not sure anyone really knows right now if the fins are under or over....seems like everyone has conflicting ideas.

We are under the 94 million... but that isnt taking into account the incentives... the incentives are going to cost 10 mill

So who is to blame for this cap mess the Dolphins have ? Saban and crew ? or Wannspiel ? Could Saban have fixed it last year or was it already screwed by then ?

no CBA is to blame... as you can see we are under the 94 mil... but since there will be no cap next year, all the incentives that would have been paid next season are due this year, which equals 10 million extra dollars that wasn't expected to be deducted from this years cap... thast whats killing us most i think...

I understand that, but it seems some teams like the Green Bay Packers anticipated this, because they are already $ 20 million under the cap.

so let me get this straight:

no CBA, cap is 94 mill, which we are under though barely, but no CBA pushes the incentives up a year costing us another 10 mill, thus our cap is actually only 84 mill which we are over, so we need to cut players.

with a CBA, cap is increased to anywhere from 104 - 110 mill. the incentives are then recognized next year and not moved up to this years cap, so us being at 94 mill cap is actually about 10 - 16 mill under WITHOUT any further cuts. then we cur Frerotte, free up another 7 mill, makes for signing Brees, Ashworth, Polk (LB from Hou) and still have some room to play.

I guess I really want the CBA agreed upon then.

finresurrection said:
so let me get this straight:

no CBA, cap is 94 mill, which we are under though barely, but no CBA pushes the incentives up a year costing us another 10 mill, thus our cap is actually only 84 mill which we are over, so we need to cut players.

with a CBA, cap is increased to anywhere from 104 - 110 mill. the incentives are then recognized next year and not moved up to this years cap, so us being at 94 mill cap is actually about 10 - 16 mill under WITHOUT any further cuts. then we cur Frerotte, free up another 7 mill, makes for signing Brees, Ashworth, Polk (LB from Hou) and still have some room to play.

I guess I really want the CBA agreed upon then.

Exactly....by George I think he's got it...the rain in spain sits mainly on the plain.

No....the incentives were earned in 2005 and come off 2006 cap as part of Miami's cap adjustment......the "uncapped" 2007 changes how these same incentives count on 2006 cap for those earned during 2006....

Clumpy said:
No....the incentives were earned in 2005 and come off 2006 cap as part of Miami's cap adjustment......the "uncapped" 2007 changes how these same incentives count on 2006 cap for those earned during 2006....

Clumpy,

I was wondering because of all the incentives are prorated on to this years cap if there is no agreement, can you tell me if we will gain some cap room immmediately from those incentives being taken off our salary cap if the deal gets signed?

I'd also like to thank you for all the work you do on the cap stuff. I appreciate it and helps me understand the Phins just a little more.

No....Miami will not regain any cap space related to the cap adjustment. That's for 2005 incentives.....it's possible that some players have NLTBE for 2006 season that Miami would not need to keep cap space open for but that would be true for all teams. The slightly more than $9.5 million cap debit will not change

Clumpy said:
No....Miami will not regain any cap space related to the cap adjustment. That's for 2005 incentives.....it's possible that some players have NLTBE for 2006 season that Miami would not need to keep cap space open for but that would be true for all teams. The slightly more than $9.5 million cap debit will not change

Clump -

Can you break it down plain and simple if no CBA we are at X over the cap and why?

With a CBA we will be X under the Cap and why?

thanks -

Back
Top Bottom