Pit Jobbed by NE Refs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pit Jobbed by NE Refs

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 1 of the NFL Rule Book (page 51) states that “if a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact with an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

It was the correct call

Good luck NFL. People don't like to watch sports where they have to go reference the rule book all the time to explain why their eyes are deceiving them.
This isn't a new rule it's been questioned and explained many times since Calvin Johnson first had an issue. Its pretty clear what the rules is. Fans don't have to check the rule book this has been an issue before and they have been extremely consistent with the call. Just because fans wanted New England to lose doesn't mean they are in some way cheating. Fans need to stop being so quick to blame conspiracy s and cry every time their team ****s up

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 1 of the NFL Rule Book (page 51) states that “if a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact with an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

It was the correct call

Again, no it wasnt. Reread the rule: "In the act of catching the pass"

This pass was already caught, he brought the ball in to his body and then reached the ball around to the goal line.

He wasnt in the act of catching the ball when he crossed the goal line.

Again, no it wasnt. Reread the rule: "In the act of catching the pass"

This pass was already caught, he brought the ball in to his body and then reached the ball around to the goal line.

He wasnt in the act of catching the ball when he crossed the goal line.
A pass is not caught untill the player finishes going to the ground. So no the pass was not already caught

It's getting harder and harder for me to watch the NFL without getting sick.

How can Patriots be so lucky week after week?

- Steelers choke on offense with the score 24-19
- Then, they drop an easy interception of Brady, leading to the game winning score
- Then, they drop an easy touchdown pass
- Then, they call a stupid play and throw a pick.

The Steelers were NOT robbed that was the correct call.

This is New England during this season

- Texans game, when the Texans fail to get the game clinching first down, then, drop the game winning interception
- Jets game, when Jenkins fumbles what should have been a TD
- Bucs game, when Folk misses four field goals
- Steelers game, which you see above.

I can't fathom this. How can New England be this lucky? How is it possible?

This is why I do not consider Brady the GOAT, but rather the LOAT.

You answered your own question above. Teams beat themselves late in close games.
The pressure to beat the Patriots is so high that they make stupid mistakes trying to do to much.
James simply catching the ball and going to ground was enough, but the extra lunge when not needed caused the ball to move.

Wasn't a catch. Never was, Never will be. You can see James hand come off the ball when it hit the ground. Based on that - No catch. Its been consistently called that way for a long time now.

Wasn't a catch. Never was, Never will be. You can see James hand come off the ball when it hit the ground. Based on that - No catch. Its been consistently called that way for a long time now.

Consistently called against teams other than the Pats.

Consistently called against teams other than the Pats.

If that helps you sleep at night, go right on believing that. Doesn't change the fact that his left hand came off the ball when it hits the ground.

If that helps you sleep at night, go right on believing that. Doesn't change the fact that his left hand came off the ball when it hits the ground.

It was Cooks' right hand that came off the ball when it hits the ground (before it hits the ground, really). Oh, you're talking about the non-Pats player.

This isn't a new rule it's been questioned and explained many times since Calvin Johnson first had an issue. Its pretty clear what the rules is. Fans don't have to check the rule book this has been an issue before and they have been extremely consistent with the call. Just because fans wanted New England to lose doesn't mean they are in some way cheating. Fans need to stop being so quick to blame conspiracy s and cry every time their team ****s up

I didn't say the rule was old or new. I also didn't say it was incorrect. It's also not just about NE. By "good luck" I mean the NFL is molding the sport in such a way that it becomes frustratingly difficult to watch. It doesn't make common sense. To the casual fan this looks like a touchdown. If the NFL wants to maintain it's market share against other sports that still have the 'fun' in them, and pull in a global audience, they need to fix this kind of stuff.

That said, I guess some people like sports governed by a bureaucratic and legalistic approach to everything. Count me out though.

Moreover, I never referenced a conspiracy... can you show me where I said that in this post. And finally.... I'm not crying about NE winning, I'm crying about the a sport I've watched for nearly 40 years becoming unwatchable. You got that deep a frame of reference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom