Pitt/KC | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pitt/KC

I don't share in the animosity toward New England. Yeah, they've cheated but they make so many astute decisions and do so many little things well that I find myself admiring them more and more. They get rid of Jamie Collins and have actually improved on defense. Kyle Van Noy was one of my favorite recent collegians so I'm happy he's found a good spot, a team that uses him correctly. Dion Lewis was a tremendous collegian at Pittsburgh. As a freshman he looked like a smaller quicker version of LeSean McCoy. I always appreciate teams that take advantage of guys who were great at an early age, then somehow become devalued. The Dolphins seldom do this. We have projects and reaches.

Pittsburgh seldom fares well against New England. I doubt they'll win. But this Patriot team without Gronkowski and with Brady at 39 years old is more susceptible to a poor outing than conventional wisdom allows. The +1.4 YPPA Differential is good but not special.

I can't stand this version of Green Bay and I've always disliked the Falcons. I'll watch the PGA tournament during that game.

Dallas ticked me off today when they spiked the ball on first down with slightly under a minute remaining. Stupid choice, as Joe Buck properly implied. If you can take the snap you can run the play. At that point Aaron Rodgers was helpless on the sideline. You had to try to win the game instead of merely tying it and allowing Rodgers on the field again.

At this point I think Pittsburgh is the better team. The Kansas City team that they beat had won 12 games playing one of the tougher schedules in the league. The Patriots faced a much weaker team in the Divisional round and struggled for much of that game until the Texans biggest weakness just caused their team to implode in tne 4th quarter.

The Steelers are very talented and the hottest team in the league. They are primed to upset an overhyped Patriots team, in a game where the Steelers are seeking revenge. The Texans exposed some of the Patriots weaknesses but were not able to fully exploit them however the Steelers have the personnel to do so.

In the earlier meeting a beat up Steelers team without Roethlisberger lost 27 -16. The Patriots were fully healthy in that game including having Gronkowski. Look for the Steelers to get their revenge while rubbing it in their old teamate Blount's face while they move on to the Superbowl.

The Chiefs choked on applesauce last night. You have to credit Pittsburgh, they played a strong football game, but Kansas City kept shooting themselves in the foot.

Andy Reid teams are gonna Andy Reid.

At this point I think Pittsburgh is the better team. The Kansas City team that they beat had won 12 games playing one of the tougher schedules in the league. The Patriots faced a much weaker team in the Divisional round and struggled for much of that game until the Texans biggest weakness just caused their team to implode in tne 4th quarter.

The Steelers are very talented and the hottest team in the league. They are primed to upset an overhyped Patriots team, in a game where the Steelers are seeking revenge. The Texans exposed some of the Patriots weaknesses but were not able to fully exploit them however the Steelers have the personnel to do so.

In the earlier meeting a beat up Steelers team without Roethlisberger lost 27 -16. The Patriots were fully healthy in that game including having Gronkowski. Look for the Steelers to get their revenge while rubbing it in their old teamate Blount's face while they move on to the Superbowl.

Not sure the leagues #1 defense will have a handful of troubles against an offense that settled for FG's all night long on the road. Which they will be again at NE. No doubt though the Steelers are capable of more and Bell is a threat, but NE will most likely remove whom they wish and make Pitt beat them elsewhere.

Gronk is gone, but they quickly moved on and created some incredible mismatches w/ RB Dion Lewis who is now the focal point. If there's one thing notable year after year w/ NE it's that they shift seamlessly with personnel transitions.

Back
Top Bottom