Places to watch in Phoenix? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Places to watch in Phoenix?

mpn1334

Starter
Reaction score
Anyone from Arizona know of a good place to watch the Dolphins games in or around Phoenix? Thanks in advance.

I'll be watching this Sunday in HD. Depends on what you want and where you are at. If you are close to Peoria, 83rd Avenue and Bell Rd, there is a place called McDuffies. I been there once, awesome food and incredible amount of tvs. Another place on
I-17 and Bell Rd is called Santises Brothers (sp?). They have perhaps the best pizza in Phoenix, New York style. They also have an unholy amount of tvs, but it is not as nice as McDuffies.

Also, it is the game of the week on CBS which is Channel 5 here. Game starts at 10:00 am so it is a little weird going to a sports bar.

Drfletcherdc said:
Also, it is the game of the week on CBS which is Channel 5 here. Game starts at 10:00 am so it is a little weird going to a sports bar.

Thanks a lot, I didn't even expect that it would be on CBS here (I'm just visiting), but I checked the local schedule and its supposed to be the Miami game, so looks like I don't have to go anywhere.

Drfletcherdc said:
I'll be watching this Sunday in HD. Depends on what you want and where you are at. If you are close to Peoria, 83rd Avenue and Bell Rd, there is a place called McDuffies. I been there once, awesome food and incredible amount of tvs. Another place on
I-17 and Bell Rd is called Santises Brothers (sp?). They have perhaps the best pizza in Phoenix, New York style. They also have an unholy amount of tvs, but it is not as nice as McDuffies.

When I was a grad student at ASU from 1990-1992 they had a McDuffy's sportsbar in downtown Tempe just a couple blocks from Mill Avenue??? That is where I watched all the games...I wonder if the one in Peoria is a new one? The one in Tempe was voted a top 25 sportsbar in the whole USA.

Roman529 said:
When I was a grad student at ASU from 1990-1992 they had a McDuffies sportsbar in downtown Tempe just a couple blocks from Mill Avenue??? That is where I watched all the games...I wonder if the one in Peoria is a new one? The one in Tempe was voted a top 25 sportsbar in the whole USA.

It is, they opened another one. The one in Tempe is better IMO, but thats just because the one in Peoria is like a high school reunion for me everytime I go. I will either be at home, at Zipps, or at Four Peaks Brewery. The last two have NFL Sunday brunch with cheap food and cheap drinks starting at gametime. Pre-noon drinking! WOO WOO!!

Santisi Bros. is another really good one. Jackson's on Third is too. So it depends on where you are going to be.

I am not surprised they are showing this game. Plummer is an ex-Sun Devil. They have been showing a lot of Denver games here ever since.

Edit: Here are the addresses for those bars I added:

Zipps on Camelback
7551 E Camelback Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251-3510
(480) 970-9507

Jackson's on Third
245 E Jackson St
Phoenix, AZ 85004-2447
(602) 254-5303

Four Peaks http://www.fourpeaks.com/
1340 East 8th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281
480-303-9967
and
Southeast Corner of Frank Lloyd Wright & Hayden (this is where I will probably be. Waitresses and patrons are HOT)
480-991-1795

Drfletcherdc said:

Weird? Nah...its always 5pm somewhere! hehe Just right for popping open an nice cold one and toasting the beginning of the season

I am down here in Tucson, there are a bunch of Famous Sams here. Each one has 2 teams as the games they show each week. The one right up the road is the Dolphins/Cowboys one. Are there Famous Sams in Phoenix? I will be watching it on my 60 inch LCD in 7.1 surround.....can you say sa---weeeeeeeet.

67Stang said:
I am down here in Tucson, there are a bunch of Famous Sams here. Each one has 2 teams as the games they show each week. The one right up the road is the Dolphins/Cowboys one. Are there Famous Sams in Phoenix? I will be watching it on my 60 inch LCD in 7.1 surround.....can you say sa---weeeeeeeet.

Yes there are. I love them. Do they have places to park your horses at the ones down there? :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom