Player Comparisons | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Player Comparisons

Probably go with Steven Jackson for Najee.

Travis Etienne reminds me a lot of Aaron Jones actually.

I don't know why the Allen Robinson comparison with Rashod Bateman just doesn't take for me.

I think the obvious comparison for Ja'Marr Chase is Jarvis Landry.

Kyle Pitts is basically Calvin Johnson with just a little less top speed.

Agree about not seeing Robinson in Bateman. People forget that Robinson is an elite athlete who just happens to not be fast. I don't see that in Bateman. Bateman doesn't have Robinson's strength or size either. I like Bateman pretty well. I think he has chance to be very good, but I could also see him being just a guy. I'd lean toward at least good, but based on where he's projected to go, I don't like the risk/reward.

Yeah I have to agree I don’t see the Chase to Landry comparison. Landry is a pure possession WR that excels in the short and intermediate game. Chase is a far superior athlete that wins 50/50 balls on back shoulder throws and Chase specialty is that he stretches the field vertically on deep balls.

The 1 similarity they have is the physicality although Chase is naturally stronger than Landry. JaMarr Chase best comparison is what someone else said above and that’s a more athletic Anquan Boldin.

The easy comp for me with DeVonta Smith is Jerry Jeudy in that they are both such technical route runners. But Smith is quicker and he has a bigger catch radius. Smith technique is similar to what Randy Moss used to do. Moss was not heavy, but he was great at creating space with his elbows. They acted like shock absorbers to prevent him getting knocked around. Then he used his crazy wingspan and large hands to bring in passes away from the defender. Smith's wingspan isn't quite as long as Moss's, but its long. Smith's arm length is about what you'd expect from a 6'6" WR. That's what makes him so good at contested catches.

Elijah Molden and Tyrann Mathieu

I would really like to see Miami draft Molden. He can play slot and safety, which makes him multiple like what Flo looks for in a player. He tackles really well and is able to process quickly to react to plays ( high football IQ). He also has good ball skills.

Elijah Molden and Tyrann Mathieu

I would really like to see Miami draft Molden. He can play slot and safety, which makes him multiple like what Flo looks for in a player. He tackles really well and is able to process quickly to react to plays ( high football IQ). He also has good ball skills.

My favorite defensive player in this class.

I'll say this. I won't be disappointed if Miami takes Pitts. Slight trade down preferable.
I like Pitts, but any scenario where we draft him over Chase/Smith/Waddle would be a questionable decision IMO. Not sold on using an early 1st to draft Gesicki’s replacement. Would be hard to extend/resign him (Gesicki) as he’d most likely get higher offers elsewhere. I’d prefer Pat Freiermuth in the 2nd as a compliment to Gesicki if we look TE.

I like Pitts, but any scenario where we draft him over Chase/Smith/Waddle would be a questionable decision IMO. Not sold on using an early 1st to draft Gesicki’s replacement. Would be hard to extend/resign him (Gesicki) as he’d most likely get higher offers elsewhere. I’d prefer Pat Freiermuth in the 2nd as a compliment to Gesicki if we look TE.
I can picture using Pitts and Gesicki in the same offense. But it's a good point. I'm not sure Miami would view it that way.

Back
Top Bottom