Players Mad at Huizenga? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players Mad at Huizenga?

Shouright

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Here's an explanation for why the players haven't been so gung-ho about the Saban hiring. They've believed for years that they could be a great team if only DW were out of the way, sorta like dropping the counterweights off a hot air balloon.

Huizenga fires DW and hires a guy who will likely revamp the whole team. The players are thinking, "WAIT! -- we just got rid of the one thing keeping us from being great -- why not let us go out and be great without turning the whole team over in the process?"

With Bates that could happen with virtually all of the same players, same assistants, same schemes, etc. With Saban, it'll be more like starting from scratch, and a lot of these guys will have to wave goodbye to their teammates, as well as to their chances for a Super Bowl before they retire if Saban goes into a long-term rebuilding mode.

Make sense? In other words, the players aren't really mad about the Saban hiring; they're mad that they never got a shot to show what they could do without DW in the way.

Oh come on. They totally sucked this year, and this is Wayne's team. He can do whatever he wants because he pays the players what they want. If they had played for Dave, won for Dave, he would have stayed. Wayne liked Dave just as much as the players did. This team is in more trouble then just the coach. The players just had to do their jobs.

I'm just hoping next season isn't a rebuilding phase. All we really need is a little tinkering with the D-Line and a slight revamp of the O-Line and we're set. If I were Saban or Rick, I'd bring back everyone except Foerster, Wise, Armstrong, Wade Smith, D-Mac, Forsey, Fiedler, Konrad, and Jerman

Back
Top Bottom