Players To Watch In Tonight's BCS National Championship Game

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by DKphin, Jan 9, 2012.

1. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

You know which one I want.:D

2. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Still Perfect.. and You're Not.

This game is loaded with NFL Draft Prospects. Alabama (Trent Richardson, Barrett Jones, William Vlachos, Marquis Maze, Dre Kirkpatrick, Mark Barron, Robert lester, Donta Hightower, Nico Johnson, Josh Chapman, and Courtney Upshaw) and LSU (Jordan Jefferson, Rueben Randle, DeAngelo Peterson, T-Bon Hebert, Will Blackwell, Sam Montgomery,Brandon Taylor, and Morris Claiborne) to name a few.

In terms of players that the Dolphins could look at in Round 1 Trent Richardson has to be a real possibility if he somehow falls to us. Selecting running-backs early is not easy because there is such good value in the mid-rounds but Trent Richardson is a special player. Too often the Dolphins draft primarily on need and ignore the best player available approach. Pick #8 or 9 might be a little early for Courtey Upshaw but he is certainly one of the best pass rushing OLB's in this draft.

While Mark Barron gets most of the press whcih is well deserved his counterpart Robert Lester is the 2nd best safety in this draft and I would argue that he has more upside than Barron. Also mammotth nose tackle Josh Chapman could be a viable target as the Dolphins are certainly not a lock to retain Paul Soliai in the off-season

3. MRojas4

MRojas4 The Cheese Connoisseur Finheaven VIP

Mark Barron, defenitly a prospect I will be keeping a eye on. 2nd round pick, would be happy with the addition. Clemons/Jones not cutting it and Bell is getting old.

4. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

im keeping an eye on upshaw and barron

5. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

If the Dolphins take Kirkpatrick, I wonder if they would move Smith to FS. That would be an interesting addition as there simply aren't many 6-3 corners out there and the mammoth tight ends are having field days going up and outmuscling smaller men.

6. bigvince75

bigvince75 Well-Known Member

Anyone from Alabama's defense will be fine with me.

Upshaw most likely won't be there for the Pat's first pick. I think the Pats are fine at ILB but I love Dont'a Hightower as a prospect and I think BB could develop him into a force in the NFL. I wouldn't mind Barron with their first second rounder.

I wish Nico Johnson had declared for the draft this year. He's not a household name like Upshaw or Hightower, but the athleticism and instincts are there and I think he could develop into a legit NFL linebacker.

7. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

if smith could tackle he would be a good fs