Those Who Looked Good

Most are Rookies
Wilson-Made the most plays in the secondary
Livas-Lightning in a bottle
Thomas-He showed great speed on the catch, There was NO run blocking
Vontae Davis-solid start
Edds
Odrick
The Tackles-Columbo and Murtha (Yes, that's right)
Ness
Moore looked O.K.-its against 2nd team soooooo
Sapp-(Thanks M24) back to back plays on D
Players Who Didn't Look Good
Dansby-Runs right up the middle, he missed tackles too
Middle of O Line-No push, No where for Rb's to go, couldn't tell if atlanta was run blitzing
All the TE's- Where were they, Fasano dropped a pass which was picked
Carpenter-missed 50 yd. feild goal, kick off returns

Interested to see how team does against Carolina

Any players I missed?

Moore looked better than ok. It's not his fault he was playing against second teamers. He was running for his life on most plays.
I didn't think Ness looked good but you definitely left out Benny Sapp. Back to back huge plays on defense and that INT was sweet.

Moore looked better than ok. It's not his fault he was playing against second teamers. He was running for his life on most plays.
I didn't think Ness looked good but you definitely left out Benny Sapp. Back to back huge plays on defense and that INT was sweet.

You're right , I'll go back and add him

I didnt like the punt coverage, 3x in the first half the Falcons fair catch and no one was near the guy, then late in game back to back long returns.....I want to see them next week, hopefully they get some chances to cover early.

I did like our RB, like the way they run....they are quick, shifty (make guys miss) and not afraid to run bwt tackles....when OL jells this group will be an upgrade over last yr......

To be honest, i was kind of surprised at what i saw after watching the replay on NFLN today!!! after reading this board i figured the world ended after the game last night ... To me it looked as if the Falcons blitzed the formations the Dolphins used on offense, when they saw 3 W/R's and 1 RB sets on passing downs or shotgun ... Miami needs to adjust blocking assignments accordingly to better protect in those situations .. and the Starting Secondary looked at times confused as to who was covering who and felt that was more of the problem as opposed to the defense playing badly, as if, they took a step back from last season ... that will all work itself out with more practice ... the O-line was bad most of the game, but the vision of the RB's was also to blame for some of the running game problems last night too .... IMO the RB's left some yards on the field due to poor decision or vision to see the holes opening up ... Sheets in particular did this on several of his runs ... I saw that Garner played 3 positions last night RT, G and C which in my opinion, is being done with a reason behind it, perhaps Garner is looked at as the primary backup leaving Berger vulnerable, but again who knows!!! as for Murtha, he had 3 bad plays that were obvious to the naked eye as i watched the game .. overall he didn't play too badly for a guy that should be a RT!!! it was also obvious; that this team has serious depth, it seemed to me once the Falcon's took out the 1st stringers the game was owned by Miami's 2nd and 3rd string players!!! I'm confident buy the 1st regular season game, things will be much more smoother on both sides of the ball ...

vontae was half speed. he prob knew he was coming out soon. no big injuries. mission accomplished.

I didnt like the punt coverage, 3x in the first half the Falcons fair catch and no one was near the guy, then late in game back to back long returns.....I want to see them next week, hopefully they get some chances to cover early.

I did like our RB, like the way they run....they are quick, shifty (make guys miss) and not afraid to run bwt tackles....when OL jells this group will be an upgrade over last yr......

most of the guys on those returns wont be on the team. Its getting the first team bunch ready for NE that is key to me. that is a biggy.

I seen that also from V.Davis he was not going all out, esp on that drag from J.jones for the big gain.

Back
Top Bottom