Playing the Patriots is like playing Duke in NCAA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playing the Patriots is like playing Duke in NCAA

Dolfanmatty

Starter
Reaction score
You have to go in there KNOWING you are not going to get a fair shake. That's just the way it is. Being a UNC fan over the years I feel the exact same way about Duke basketball, you are basically playing 5 on 8 in Cameron.

But though it did change the game drastically it certainly didnt lose the game for us. Once again, you had a large group of guys playing "Well" but no one really made that "one huge play" that would propel us to victory.

Ronnie needs some holes, that's the bottom line. The fact that we go to the shotgun formation on 3rd and 2 and 3rd and 3 is embarassing.

Also as a side note, as well as Mare kicks, he is awful other if the conditions are anything other than pristine. That's what made Adam V. so special when he was with the Pats (he should go into the Hall IMO). And didnt he warm up on the field? So why wouldn't he know that the field is garbage and adjust it pre-game?

Mare sucks, bottom line. He used to be clutch, but no more. He shanks more kicks than he's getting paid to.

Dolphins=LIFE said:
Mare sucks, bottom line. He used to be clutch, but no more. He shanks more kicks than he's getting paid to.

mare has been a long time dolphin but hes nearing his end, you cant rely on him like you use to be able to...kickers now a days usually/should make everything within 52 yards.....mares becoming very inconsistent and really had a chance to make it close but it just didnt work out the way we wishd

Bullsh!t. The call on Allen was bad but give me one reason Miami deserved to win this game? NE capitalized on every opportunity they MADE for themselves. The Fins continued to make the same mistakes they always make. That game was there for the taking but between the coaching staff's lack of aggresiveness, Mare's suckiness and Miami's own ineptitude in crucial situations doomed them.

Miami only needs to look in the mirror for this debacle of a season!

Dolfanmatty said:
You have to go in there KNOWING you are not going to get a fair shake. That's just the way it is. Being a UNC fan over the years I feel the exact same way about Duke basketball, you are basically playing 5 on 8 in Cameron.

But though it did change the game drastically it certainly didnt lose the game for us. Once again, you had a large group of guys playing "Well" but no one really made that "one huge play" that would propel us to victory.

Ronnie needs some holes, that's the bottom line. The fact that we go to the shotgun formation on 3rd and 2 and 3rd and 3 is embarassing.

Also as a side note, as well as Mare kicks, he is awful other if the conditions are anything other than pristine. That's what made Adam V. so special when he was with the Pats (he should go into the Hall IMO). And didnt he warm up on the field? So why wouldn't he k
now that the field is garbage and adjust it pre-game?

Get some contacts chief and re-discover your memory. UNC fans seem to forget the Dean Smith era when UNC got enough calls - home or away - to win games. To sit here and listen to a Tar Hole fan complain about the refs is absolutely laughable. Thanks for making me laugh with your stupid "analysis" on a day when I have nothing to be happy about.

The pass interference call against us in the 4th was totally bogus....guess the refs were worried about the Pat's owner coming down hard on THEIR refs.....you know the Pats are always going to get all the BS calls.

Phinphanatic13 said:
Get some contacts chief and re-discover your memory. UNC fans seem to forget the Dean Smith era when UNC got enough calls - home or away - to win games. To sit here and listen to a Tar Hole fan complain about the refs is absolutely laughable. Thanks for making me laugh with your stupid "analysis" on a day when I have nothing to be happy about.

Typical Dook fan....:shakeno:

First off how do you "re-discover" a memory..lol?

Secondly I am aware of the reputation that UNC had during the Dean Smith Era as well, but I was aluding to current times, which should of been fairly obvious (to a third grader anyway) since I was talking in the present tense.

Learn to read please.

Dolfanmatty said:
Typical Dook fan....:shakeno:

First off how do you "re-discover" a memory..lol?

Secondly I am aware of the reputation that UNC had during the Dean Smith Era as well, but I was aluding to current times, which should of been fairly obvious (to a third grader anyway) since I was talking in the present tense.

Learn to read please.

Duke lost to UCONN twice in the Final Four since 1999 when they did not get any calls. Boozer was hacked at the end of the Indiana game in '02 with the player admitting such in the post game interviews. Redick got mugged all game against LSU and his defender admitted such in the post game as well.

Has Duke gotten big calls...of course...but here are 4 critical, season ending situations where the calls went against Duke. Its a two way street.

hinks13 said:
Duke lost to UCONN twice in the Final Four since 1999 when they did not get any calls. Boozer was hacked at the end of the Indiana game in '02 with the player admitting such in the post game interviews. Redick got mugged all game against LSU and his defender admitted such in the post game as well.

Has Duke gotten big calls...of course...but here are 4 critical, season ending situations where the calls went against Duke. Its a two way street.

I've watched the games you a referring to, and while I remember Boozer being hacked pretty good against IU, the UCONN games I have to disagree. Remember when they had 4 fouls on Okafur in the first half pretty much? And two or three of those were touch fouls. The other UCONN game which ended with Langdon traveling was pretty clean as I recall.

Lastly, I have never, ever seen a player go to the line as much for minimal contact than Redick.

Anywho.....the refs still sucked in New England today, which was the orginial point. :wink:

Roman529 said:
The pass interference call against us in the 4th was totally bogus....guess the refs were worried about the Pat's owner coming down hard on THEIR refs.....you know the Pats are always going to get all the BS calls.

Do you guys even watch football??? Pass interference doesn't get any more obvious than that call. Allen clearly ran into the WR who was trying to come back to the underthrown ball.

That call is made every single time.

Back
Top Bottom