Playoffs 2018 | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs 2018

If there is a silver lining, a Patriots win would bookend Belichick’s reign with legit dynasties. Given his icy relationship with Kraft (which was on full display today), that could be enough to send him out to retirement on top. I could see him retire with nothing left to prove in NE, take a year off and then come back in 2019 as the most coveted coach of all time breaking the bank in his return with another team .
From your lips to God's ears if the Pats win.... Anything to be rid of him.

He failed not much more than our current coach. One winning season followed by a losing season. I'm confused how you feel Gase will be the next great coach and Saban would be dominated by him.

Gase career coaching record 16-16
Saban 15-17

So gase is one game better. You have way too little evidence to say that Saban could not be a successdful NFL coach and just as little evidence that Gase will be much better.
Hell we are not dominating the McDermott Bills and the Todd Bowles Jets much less any team.

As for choosing Culpepper of course it was a mistake in retrospect much like spending 10 million on Cutler this year.
Similar results although Cutler was not injured and did play better.
I firmly believe that Culpepper came back way too soon from his injury and that is why we had signed Harrington but he was bad here no doubt.
I guess you also forget that we could have signed another qb over Cutler

Yeah there are still a lot of questions about Gase. Difference between Gase and Saban is that Gase doesn't appear to be ready to run away from his head coaching position like Saban did. Gase appears to be ready to stay and try to turn things around in his 3rd season. Saban on the other hand told the Dolphins to screw off and took a job elsewhere before even trying in his 3rd NFL season.

If you want to be a head coach in the NFL you can't run away if your 2nd season is disappointing like Saban did. That is all the evidence I need right now.

Saban is a liar and a quitter at the NFL level. There's no denying that.

Well basically all of these people lie over and over but yes he did quit. Probably best decision he ever made. Sucked for us that we wasted those two years but it is not like the coaches after him did anything much better

I would actually root for the Pats over the Eagles....if I knew Brady & Belichick would announce their retirements the second they touched the Lombardi.

Unfortunately, they’ll be tormenting us for at least another 3-4 years.

Nick Saban's an unbelievably good football coach. He was a good COACH when he was here, and the reason he is no longer here is because he was a bad General Manager.

Doesn't change the fact that he's not a guy I think very highly of on a personal level. Just as the fact that he treats 'little people' like **** and cut and run on the Dolphins doesn't change the fact that he's an unbelievably good football coach.

Yeah there are still a lot of questions about Gase. Difference between Gase and Saban is that Gase doesn't appear to be ready to run away from his head coaching position like Saban did. Gase appears to be ready to stay and try to turn things around in his 3rd season. Saban on the other hand told the Dolphins to screw off and took a job elsewhere before even trying in his 3rd NFL season.

If you want to be a head coach in the NFL you can't run away if your 2nd season is disappointing like Saban did. That is all the evidence I need right now.

I do not condone what he did but none of us know why he decided to leave outside of the few things he said. Its silly to think that he could not handle being an NFL coach and that is the only reason or he could not handle grown men.
He has 5 national championships in the last 9 seasons, something no other coach has done within a decade. 6 national Championships in 22 seasons of college football. I hate Saban in many ways but leaving the fins was the smartest move he ever did.
The dumbest move he did here was forcing a new oc to run the same offense as the previous guy. Culpepper turned out to be a bad move in retrospect but it could have easily been wrong if he went the other way if something freak happened.
Saban makes 7 million a year as coach of Alabama and may end up with more national titles than Bear if he wins one more. Hopefully we will find a coach that will lead us to some long term success soon although I have no faith in ownership or the front office

Nick Saban's an unbelievably good football coach. He was a good COACH when he was here, and the reason he is no longer here is because he was a bad General Manager.

Doesn't change the fact that he's not a guy I think very highly of on a personal level. Just as the fact that he treats 'little people' like **** and cut and run on the Dolphins doesn't change the fact that he's an unbelievably good football coach.

There is probably a lot of truth in that

Ajayi must be in a good mood went from a team going nowhere to a team that is playing in the superbowl.
They were probably glad to give us the horrible corner and Alonso in that previous trade

Imagine in some alternate universe if Saban had agreed to work with a GM like Rick Spielman who had already developed into who he is now with the Vikings. That coupled with the decision to sign Brees instead of trading for Culpepper. Saban coaching a team with Drew Brees at QB, a dominant defense and strong running game. The Dolphins and AFC East would have looked a lot different.

Imagine in some alternate universe if Saban had agreed to work with a GM like Rick Spielman who had already developed into who he is now with the Vikings. That coupled with the decision to sign Brees instead of trading for Culpepper. Saban coaching a team with Drew Brees at QB, a dominant defense and strong running game. The Dolphins and AFC East would have looked a lot different.

I think that's pretty possible. He is among the best coaches of all time and that is on any level but even BB has his Cleveland years.
I think overall he had put together one of the best staffs that we have seen in quite a while.

Ajayi must be in a good mood went from a team going nowhere to a team that is playing in the superbowl.
They were probably glad to give us the horrible corner and Alonso in that previous trade

I'm shocked the threads have started essentially saying "Ajayi got the Eagles to the SB!"

Can't wait to see the Patriots face an overall more talented team that relishes the underdog role while not fearing the "Unbeatable Bradriots" on a neutral field. The Jags should have taken them today but had to battle against the hostile crown and Foxboro officiating. They came up short. The Eagles will not. Sorry for all you Patriots fans who don't see the train coming before it runs you over.

Your prognostication hasn't been very good over the last 2 weeks. I'll put my money on the Brady and the Patriots.

Your prognostication hasn't been very good over the last 2 weeks. I'll put my money on the Brady and the Patriots.

Hope you weren't picking against the spread because the Jags covered that line easily. Again they should have won the game but oh well a team that has home field and a history of getting the majority of the calls is always going to have the uperhand when playing at home in a game that is close in the 4th quarter. The Patriots won't be playing in Fauxboro on February 4th and I doubt Doug Pederson's team will go into a shell on offense if they have the lead in the 4th quarter.Enjoy the Patriots win while you can.

Hope you weren't picking against the spread because the Jags covered that line easily. Again they should have won the game but oh well a team that has home field and a history of getting the majority of the calls is always going to have the uperhand when playing at home in a game that is close in the 4th quarter. The Patriots won't be playing in Fauxboro on February 4th and I doubt Doug Pederson's team will go into a shell on offense if they have the lead in the 4th quarter.Enjoy the Patriots win while you can.

No, I had the Patriots winning outright and won money like I almost always do betting on Brady. As far as home field calls there was no phantom penalties in the 4th quarter. Only one penalty called in the entire 2nd half and it was a valid pass interference call against Jack on Cooks. Brady threw 3 in completions shortly after and the only penalty of the half was followed by Patriot punt. Hardly any advantage this game in the second half. They pretty much let them play as opposed to calling something on ever other play. I would say the biggest play was the Jack recovered fumble where the refs blew the whistle. He may have scored making it 27-10.

Back
Top Bottom