playoffs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

playoffs

dolfancoolio

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
This is how i see it playoffs wise.

AFC EAST- Patriots- Dillon, Brady, An underrated o-line, championship calibre defense, the best coaching in the league all say that these guys are gonna repeat. unless of course, ty law does not play with them next season in which case crappy old tyrone poole will be the best corner on their roster and the defense will begin to crack against the pass.

AFC NORTH- Ravens- on the back of their defense and only their defense. i think teams are more aware of jamal now and he shouldnt be as hard to stop (especially if hes behind bars ). Look for the bengals to come close, i like palmer as the starter but they still need a few tweaks to take this thing away from baltimore.

AFC WEST- Colts- manning-mvp, james, harrison, good o-line, a slight improvement on defense make me believe these guys will have another good season. Tennessee has lost a lot of good players, mcnair gets older and is injury prone and dont look for these guys to make the playoffs so easy this time around.

AFC SOUTH- Broncos- This defense has brought in a lot of talent, the majority of it is old talent so look for denver to have one more ligitmate crack this season before a bit of a slump IMO. No portis, they may get away with it this year coz plummer will be good but next year when they run out of juice on d and have no running game things will be very different.

WILD CARDS- Dolphins- We need our d to step up this year and be the best in the league because that is certainly not beyond them. Our offense has some great options in chambers, mcmike, boston and williams. as good as our o-line will be in coming years, this season they still look a bit weak and we dont have a great qb (whoever it is) and our coaching really needs to step up if we are to go deep into the playoffs.

Chiefs- they cant rely on their offense to win every time and their d is one of the worst in the league. defense wins championships and IMO they were very lucky to go 13-3 last season. wild card weekend exit for the chiefs.

NFC EAST- Redskins- They have smoot and springs to soften the effect of baileys departure. they have some good linebackers also. I truly believe that brunell will find coles a lot and portis will tear it up due to the outstanding o-line that they have.

NFC NORTH- Packers- Favre, Green, Good o-line. They still have a questionable defence especially if they unload mckenzie. One last crack for the packs.

NFC WEST- Panthers- Delhomme showed me enough in the superbowl to make me believe that he can start winning games for this team or at least (like last season) not lose it for them and allow the defense and Stephen davis to do their thing. A lot of people her look for vick to lead the falcons to this title but he can not do anything too significant with that defense of theirs. Carolina has a good defense and I look for them to go 11-5 again.

NFC SOUTH- Seahawks- Hasselbeck is a good qb and he is strongly supported by a strong and young receiving corp, a fairly good o-line and their outstanding running back in shaun alexander. Their defense is bolstered by the arrival of grant wistrom from the rams and their second year cb trufant will be much improved from his rookie experience last season. The defense is not great but will be better than last year and better than the rams d which makes me believe that the seahawks will take this title.

WILD CARDS- Eagles- They have mcnabb and owens and they will be great but they still don’t have a running game and with all the reliance on mcnabb he could get injured yet again. Their d now has kearse to go along with simon on the line. They are still a bit weak at linebacker and they have nothing going on at corner. This secondary will be looking for dawkins to support the inexperienced corners and make a lot of picks. He cant do it all by himself and I believe this team is going to much stronger on offense than on defense when compared to previous years.

Rams - They still have faulk, they still have turley and pace, they have players like archuleta, little, polley and the full of potential corner in travis fisher and most of all they have found a reliable quarterback in bulger. Bulger has shown glimpses of brilliance (watch the pro bowl) and was unlucky not to lead his team further in the playoffs after a close double overtime loss to Carolina. But the rams are aging on both sides of the ball- faulk was not the player he used to be, the same with aeneas Williams and the o-line and receiving corp is aging quickly. These next two or three will be the last playoff years for the rams for a while IMO.

Week 1: Dolphins def. Ravens 24- 14

Colts def. Chiefs 35-24

Redskins def. Rams 28-24

Eagles def. Packers 31-17

Week 2: Dolphins def. Broncos 14-6

Patriots def. Colts 24-21

Eagles def. Panthers 30-27 O.T

Seahawks def. Redskins 26-24

Week 3: AFC CHAMPIONSHIP Patriots def. Dolphins 24-17

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP Seahawks def. Eagles 34-32

Week 4: SUPERBOWL Patriots def. Seahawks 28-25

I think the Pats stumble. It's hard to repeat.But it's certainly possible. I think the loss of Woody hurts, and the Ty Law situation is curious. People always gun for the defending champs. I think the AFC rep in the Super Bowl will be the Colts. Also, I don't think Denver wins their division. Not enough going on there. But everything else is certainly reaasonable.

Bopkin02 said:
I think the Pats stumble. It's hard to repeat.But it's certainly possible. I think the loss of Woody hurts, and the Ty Law situation is curious. People always gun for the defending champs. I think the AFC rep in the Super Bowl will be the Colts. Also, I don't think Denver wins their division. Not enough going on there. But everything else is certainly reaasonable.

The thing that scares me about NE is they now have been through it before(being defending Champs). In '02 they didn't know what to expect and when they got off to a great start they thought everyone would just bow down to them and they stumbled. Now they've been through it and know what to expect so I do expect them to repeat as division champs but not as SB Champs.

You can't have your favorite team loose :jawdrop: in the AFC championship! Dolphins all the way :cpatch:

Eagles over Vikings in NFC championship
Patriots over Colts in AFC

Eagles over Pats in SB

People were saying the same thing about the Bucs two years ago remember? They beat everyone's *** in the playoffs. They looked unstoppable. Then they upgraded their defense in the offseason. Great coaching... How can they ever be beaten, people said. Dynasty this, repeat that. And look what happened. How did it crumble? People figured them out. It's the NFL. There is only so far great coaching can take you. It's not like they have anything special on offense or defense. Don't you think the SuperBowl winners are the most analyzed team in the NFL? I am so sick of this Patriots repeat business. 9-7. They will go 9-7. Ya, I said it.
I mean it's not like the Patriots even dominated people like the Bucs did towards the end of the year. They BARELY beat the Texans, the Dolphins and the Colts during the regular season. And it's not like they dominated the Panthers in the SuperBowl, who nobody says anything about when it comes to repeating anything. Sorry. I just can't take it anymore. 9-7.

dolfancoolio said:
AFC WEST- Colts-

AFC SOUTH- Broncos-

So, the Colts are in the AFC West and the Donkeys in the South?
:shakeno:
Damn, we poor people from Europe didn't get any information about this realignment at all. :D

if any of you have the vikings in the superbowl or deep in the playoffs you should definately reconsider. dante culpepper is a moron and would break down in a big playoff game. i have no reason to beleive the redskins will make even the playoffs much less the superbowl. Besides portis and arrington and maybe even coles this team is average. and as far as winning their division, they have both the cowboys and the eagles and both teams are playoff caliber. i expect improvement to 7-9 or 8-8. the broncos wont win their division because the cheifs and the raiders will be right there if they lose a game. i expect the cheifs to win the afc west and the broncos and raiders coming down to the last game for a wildcard spot. the ravens will most likely win their division but the division as a whole will be stronger this year. pittsburgh will bounce back to maybe 8-8 and the bengals will be at 9-7, while the browns might just win another game from last year. its gonna be hectic in the nfc south this year. new orleans will come close to the playoffs like usual, the bucs will bounce back to 9-7, the falcons 10-6, and the panthers should win division with an 11-5 record. this division may become the strongest in the league this year. brett favre should once again lead the pack into the playoffs but not to the nfc champioship and beyond.the afc south is kinda weird, the dominance of the titans of the division will disappear after t his year and the colts will start to waver after this season also. the texans are slowly but surely becoming a very strong team, and the jags are a surprise suber bowl contender this year if byron leftwich and fred taylor can get rolling. the nfc west will have one of the biggest playoff fights in the league, the rams and the seahawks. both of these teams deserve it i think but which team will get it. the rams will be explosive like usual and will slowly after this year become more of a ball control team with jackson. the seahawks are very explsove on offense also and have a defense that while isnt dominating, its very effective. the d-line may have some problems in the middle but the linebacker core of this defense is pretty solid. dont anyone forget about the cards. this team is going somewhere. afterall is said and done it will be the friggin patriots over the eagles in the superbowl.

I hate predictions. Mainly because every year some team comes out of nowhere and wins big. The nfc in general has no clear cut domninant team. The AFC has several teams that can make a run. So i will go out on a small limb and say Miami vs Eagles. Even though both teams have huge question marks. They both have a chance to have huge upsides.

if any of you have the vikings in the superbowl or deep in the playoffs you should definately reconsider. dante culpepper is a moron ...

With as many misspellings and run-ons, I can only guess that you got lucky spelling Favre right.

Back
Top Bottom