Please explain the Love affair | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please explain the Love affair

Dubfire

Deep Dish Fan
Reaction score
For the past couple of days some of you have been begging and praying for Jim Bates to stay on as DC. Why? I think it says more about our dislike for Wanny than anyhting else. While I will always thank Bates for saving the season (ie. beating the Patises at home on MNF), I'm glad he's gone. Nothing personal. I'm just glad to see the entire regime go. The last 10 years have been brutal to us Phin fans. False promises, high hopes, playoff blowouts, underachieving, off the field problems, the list goes on and on. I've been a season ticket holder the entire time and was not going to renew this year if major changes were made. Which brings me back to Jim Bates. His defenses were unimaginative. We played the same exact coverage and blitz schemes in Septemeber that we would use in December. Now unfortuantely, since teams study film, we'd get carved up every December and thus all the swoons. This team has underachieved so bad it makes me sick to my stomach. The NFL is all about parity. There are teams doing so much more with a lot less talent. Why? Better schemes and better coaching. Now, is the way Bates played defense a by-product of Wanny? Thats the $64 question. Would he have use a different scheme under Saban? I don't think so. Good luck Bates and good luck Wannstedt and to all the other coaches that tried to win here. I know they were trying to win but just went about the wrong way. Here's to a new beginning. Lets restore some pride back to this franchise.

I liked the way the team responded down the stretch BUT in my heart I am glad the house has been cleaned (as soon as Tony Wise gets his @ss kicked out the door it will be official)...

There are NO loyalties on this team now...

Players have to bust it to make the team...I like that idea...no more vacations...play your @ss off or get cut....

You make a good point on the not adjusting thing

Back
Top Bottom