Point spreads are out for opening week. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Point spreads are out for opening week.

If Miami is "favored" by three at a home game, then they are seen by the people in Vegas as equal. All home teams are given three extra points, can't believe yall didnt know that

ncbillsfan said:
If Miami is "favored" by three at a home game, then they are seen by the people in Vegas as equal. All home teams are given three extra points, can't believe yall didnt know that
Who said we didn't? What's wrong with being equal to the Titans? Most people consider them contenders.

I dont buy tht 3 points for home field crap. Veags should be more picky, say give us alot wen its hot, but less wen its cold. NE should get huge boosts in the winter etc.

ncbillsfan said:

After only having 4 posts before yours, I can't believe you would jump all over everybody so quickly. I'd bet most of us here already knew the vegas spread tricks.........but then again your a bill's fan, so I'll give you a break.

3 points is not an automatic given for home field. Sometimes 2.5. Sometimes it's a bit more. Sherigan has a point rating system and for games factor's in an automatic home field advantage. But I've seen that number float between 2.79 to 3.11

--Ross

the lock of week1 has to be ATL-3 vs.SF.....SF has zero offensive weapons, and even the Falcon D can hold them to 14 or lower....thats not enough with Vick healthy throwing to Peerless and Jenkins....also take the over in the Cinn/Jets game...both defenses are junk plus both off are good...Palmer will be fine vs those CB's....

Ross said:
3 points is not an automatic given for home field. Sometimes 2.5. Sometimes it's a bit more. Sherigan has a point rating system and for games factor's in an automatic home field advantage. But I've seen that number float between 2.79 to 3.11

--Ross
Ross is right! Home field advantage points given by oddsmakers have dropped over the last couple of years, although the name I think he is looking for is Sagran of Sagran's Ratings. As for ncbillsfan to come on a blurt all home teams get 3 points, well that's just another uneducated Bills fan rambling on about something they might have heard as a general rule and taking it for a fact.

Do you really believe that the oddsmakers give the same 3 points to Arizona as they do to Kansas City when they are a home? As far as your statement "can't believe yall did'nt know that" goes. Nobody before or after you posted expressed any sign of not knowing the home team gets points from oddsmakers.

Yall should stick to nascar.

Dolphins 27
Titans 9

Tennessee did nothing but lose talent during the offseason. :shakeno:

Clumpy said:
I would like you to look back at last year's season opener :roflmao:
and what happened to the bills after the opener,hmmm:roflmao:

we didnt make the playoffs just like the dolphins. :goof:

Anyways where can I find all the week one game spreads?

Back
Top Bottom