Points System | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Points System

Jnaledu3

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I kind of had an idea that is similiar to the reputation system- but different.

I propose a system where there are monthly/weekly questionarres posted somewhere on the site, where members can answer questions about the Fins and other happenings within the NFL.

Such as: What position will the Fins use the number 2 on?

Who will be the starting QB?

Will Saban switch to the 3-4?

Will Surtain be traded?

etc..

We could also have regular season polls where we would just make our picks on the games each weekend.

Each question will be worth a certain number of points. Everytime a member gets one right- that number is added to their score. If they get it wrong, it will be subtracted.

The total will be displayed in their posts.

I think this system would help in determining the football knowledge (or lack of) among the posters- and it would be fun to do.

What do yall think??

Jnaledu3 said:
I kind of had an idea that is similiar to the reputation system- but different.

I propose a system where there are monthly/weekly questionarres posted somewhere on the site, where members can answer questions about the Fins and other happenings within the NFL.

Such as: What position will the Fins use the number 2 on?

Who will be the starting QB?

Will Saban switch to the 3-4?

Will Surtain be traded?

etc..

We could also have regular season polls where we would just make our picks on the games each weekend.

Each question will be worth a certain number of points. Everytime a member gets one right- that number is added to their score. If they get it wrong, it will be subtracted.

The total will be displayed in their posts.

I think this system would help in determining the football knowledge (or lack of) among the posters- and it would be fun to do.

What do yall think??

Would that really be a test of football knowledge? I know that your questions were just examples but if questions of that type are used, all a fan can do is guess since we have no data or experience on which to come to an educated opinion.;)

Maybe football knowledge was the wrong term, but you know what I mean.

And they would have to be future related questions because if they were questions that related to the past- then members could just look up the answers online and everybody would have the highest score possible.

In a way, this would be like gambling, but without money- just points.

Back
Top Bottom