Poland vs. USA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poland vs. USA

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The USA is playing Poland in Plock, Poland on March 31st. The game will be shown live on ESPN2 at 1:30 PM EST. Here is the USA's roster for the game:

Goalkeepers (2): Brad Friedel (Blackburn Rovers), Jonny Walker (MetroStars)
Defenders (6): Gregg Berhalter (Energie Cottbus), Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham FC), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Cory Gibbs (Dallas Burn), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids)
Midfielders (7): DaMarcus Beasley (Chicago Fire), Bobby Convey (D.C. United), Kyle Martino (Columbus Crew), Clint Mathis (Hannover 96), Claudio Reyna (Manchester City), Tony Sanneh (FC Nurnberg), Kerry Zavagnin (Kansas City Wizards)
Forwards (4): Conor Casey (Karlsruher), Chris Klein (Kansas City Wizards), Brian McBride (Fulham FC), Josh Wolff (Kansas City Wizards)

Friedel is going because he wasn't on the roster against Holland, and Howard and Keller are not on the roster because they were on the roster against Holland. Landon Donovan is not going because he is sick, so Bruce Arena decided to just let him stay home (even though the game is 5 days away, but there is no reason to push Landon since it is a friendly) and replaced him with Chris Klein.

Go USA. Donovan is sick so he won't play...that sounds gay. It is interesting to see Sanneh make his return. But no O'Brien?? :nono:

I'm not sure exactly why O'Brien isn't going, but I know it isn't because of skill since he is one of our best players. I don't think he got injured again.

I didn't get to see the game because I had school, but the USA won 1-0. DaMarcus Beasley scored in the 27th minute. :) :up:

I just saw the game, the USA didn't play that great. I'm a bit disappointed in how the national team has been playing in their last few games. Reyna has lost his speed and gets exhausted quick. I think the Polish we're playing with a 2nd-string squad, and even so, the match was pretty equal. The U.S. had that one good passing play that allowed Beasly to score a nice goal. But that was it. The commentators we're saying Bruce Arena should be happy with this outcome, but all I know is if I was Coach Arena, I would be quite disappointed playing the way we did vs. the practice team of Poland. Towards the end of the game America was touch passing nicely, but again.. at the very end of the game.

Originally posted by Dolfan02
I just saw the game, the USA didn't play that great. I'm a bit disappointed in how the national team has been playing in their last few games. Reyna has lost his speed and gets exhausted quick. I think the Polish we're playing with a 2nd-string squad, and even so, the match was pretty equal. The U.S. had that one good passing play that allowed Beasly to score a nice goal. But that was it. The commentators we're saying Bruce Arena should be happy with this outcome, but all I know is if I was Coach Arena, I would be quite disappointed playing the way we did vs. the practice team of Poland. Towards the end of the game America was touch passing nicely, but again.. at the very end of the game.

I think Arena should be happy with the win for a few reasons:

1) It was our first win this year
2) We finally won a game in Europe

The USA has never won a game on European soil under Arena, so finally winning one, although it is a friendly, is very good for our team. Considering that we didn't have two of our best players in Donovan and O'Brien, I think Arena should be happy with the outcome. However, as I said previously, I didn't see the game, so I don't really know how they played, but the final result looks good to me.

I didn't see the game either, I had other plans but I saw the goal. Nice meg by Beasley on the keeper, with a very nice assist by Josh Wolff (I told you Ice, he is good). I heard Sanneh played, good to know he is back in the mix. I think it is a good win. Not every game is going to be a blowout no matter how much difference there is in talent. That is the way soccer is, it doesn't make any sense. WC 2002 France and Argentina gone in 1st round vs so-so opponents. Brazil played Japan following the WC and tied 0-0. That is soccer for you.

Originally posted by Prime Time
I didn't see the game either, I had other plans but I saw the goal. Nice meg by Beasley on the keeper, with a very nice assist by Josh Wolff (I told you Ice, he is good). I heard Sanneh played, good to know he is back in the mix. I think it is a good win. Not every game is going to be a blowout no matter how much difference there is in talent. That is the way soccer is, it doesn't make any sense. WC 2002 France and Argentina gone in 1st round vs so-so opponents. Brazil played Japan following the WC and tied 0-0. That is soccer for you.

Wolff is injury-prone and when he's healthy (which is rare) he isn't that good. Just because he got an assist in some friendly doesn't mean he's good.

Oh please. He also had the assist for the GW Goal Vs Mexico in the 02 World Cup. Also you were wrong. O'Brien was hurt and that is why he wasn't called up.

Oh please. He also had the assist for the GW Goal Vs Mexico in the 02 World Cup. Also you were wrong. O'Brien was hurt and that is why he wasn't called up.

Just like I said before, getting an assist in a game doesn't make you good. Wolff isn't good on a consistent basis. The only thing he is consistent at is getting injured.

Yeah, then I wonder why Arena keeps calling him up? :rolleyes: BTW, he won a few games for us back when we were trying to qualify for the WC.

Yeah, then I wonder why Arena keeps calling him up? :rolleyes: BTW, he won a few games for us back when we were trying to qualify for the WC.

The USA doesn't exactly have the deepest player pool in the world. We don't call up guys like Wolff because he is good, we call him up because we don't have a lot of options.

Okay, so he is good, or else he wouldn't be called up....I mean If he sucked as bad as you say he does then he wouldn't get called up and someone like Ralston would.

Okay, so he is good, or else he wouldn't be called up....I mean If he sucked as bad as you say he does then he wouldn't get called up and someone like Ralston would.

Did you even read my last post? I said he gets called up because the USA has a small player pool. We don't have any good strikers besides Donovan and McBride. We have to fill roster space, so we call up players like Wolff. Wolff may be better than Jovan Kirovski, but that doesn't make him good. Wolff is a pretty bad finisher.

Wolff is better than most of American Forwards...so he obviously doesn't suck.

Back
Top Bottom