Poole was sentenced to 5 days in jail | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poole was sentenced to 5 days in jail

iceblizzard69 said:
http://www.finheaven.com/newsviewer/index.php?showdoc=1135

It only took him 4 days after he became a Dolphin to get sentenced to jailtime. :nono: Will he get suspended for this? Hopefully he can stay out of trouble in Miami.

Well he was sentence for an infraction that happened months ago. So the timing is coincidental with him becoming a dolphin.

I would think that this would constitute Poole's warning and that future substance-related problems would warrant a 4 game suspension. I'm really not sure of that, though.

mmm, since he technically wasn't an employee of the NFL when the infraction occurred, I don't see how they could suspend him.

I personally think that 5 days of jail time and 36 months of probation is a little stiff for a first offense DUI. I hope Poole hasn't had a lot of substance abuse legal problems that haven't been mentioned yet. Here in the MASS you would not even have the possibility of seeing jail time until your second offense. On your first DUI and if you pleaded no contest you would get a 45 day loss of license and 12 months of probation.

Perhaps Poole drew a tough judge, or maybe his priors from old trouble were enough to convince the judge to be harsh. Frankly, I'm glad he drew such a tough sentence. Hopefully, it will make him think twice so he doesn't end up like Leonard Little.

F150&Dolfan said:
I personally think that 5 days of jail time and 36 months of probation is a little stiff for a first offense DUI. I hope Poole hasn't had a lot of substance abuse legal problems that haven't been mentioned yet. Here in the MASS you would not even have the possibility of seeing jail time until your second offense. On your first DUI and if you pleaded no contest you would get a 45 day loss of license and 12 months of probation.

Sounds like MASS has some very lenient DUI laws.

In California even first time offendors have mandatory Jail-time.

Well, the Kennedy's are from MASS. Can't be having tough DUI laws now can they. :lol:

That jail sentence strikes me as very harsh too. I know people that have gotten DUIs in Florida and in Pennsylvania, and the sentencing doesn't even compare (license suspension, classes, and dismissal).

Back
Top Bottom