Poor Tua... Rich Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poor Tua... Rich Dolphins

The thing is, people don’t realize what “full recovery is”. People outside of the medical field think that means Tua will be back playing 100%. I would bet anything that he is not the same after this. Plus, look at all of the injuries he has had in a short amount of time. The Tua lovers have blinders on. He doesn’t make it though a rookie contract without major injuries. He’s getting run down by COLLEGE DTs!!!!

Enlighten us.

What do the doctors mean when they say “full recovery?”

A lot depends on his rehab, but I agree the OP. Got to go for it if it looks good for a full recovery.

What does a full recovery mean within the context of eventually going to get hit over and over again?

What good is a full recovery after heart surgery if you go right back to a diet of whoppers and big macs?

I want Tua, not only to make a full recovery, but to become a beast in the NFL. IMO, he's earned it.

For us, a rebuilding team trying to construct a foundation with no star QB, no oline, no RB, etc., it doesn't make any sense.

For teams like the Pats, Chargers, Saints and the like; gambling on Tua would make sense. Those teams have a competent foundation/structure with aging stars at QB that can keep competing while they cross their fingers on Tua.

What structure do we have to speak up? We are a newly born fawn stumbling to find its footing. So even if we were to draft Tua and he makes a full recovery, he would have to sit until we can prove we have a legitimate oline.

His injury is a serious one and even in making a full recovery, he's going to now get hit by players twice as fast and strong as college kids.

The Tua dream is not one a Phin fan should continue to have. It's time to wake up, folks.

But I understand why it's hard to let go and empathize with those hoping for a miracle.

Grade A post.

There was an article yesterday, 11/18/19, that said everything with his surgery was successful and his recovery timeline would put him on pace to be able to throw before the draft. He is still expected to declare because he has an insurance policy that protects him from financial losses if he slides out of the top picks. That being said, I wouldn’t draft him unless he falls into the mid rounds. He has a concerning injury history. Two major ankle injuries and a dislocated hip in two seasons. I don’t see him lasting 10+ years in the NFL. Drafting QBs with severe injury history in college is a gamble that many teams end up losing. Not worth the risk on a rebuilding team.

Enlighten us.

What do the doctors mean when they say “full recovery?”

From ESPN:
"Tua's prognosis is excellent, and we expect him to make a full recovery," Alabama orthopedic surgeon Dr. Lyle Cain said in a statement. "He will return to Tuscaloosa in the next several days to begin his rehab."
Cain told ESPN's Laura Rutledge that Tagovailoa will be on a partial weight-bearing recovery plan for six weeks and will be rehabbing daily in Tuscaloosa. In three months he will be able to begin athletic activity again, and by the spring should be ready to begin throwing.

From ESPN:
"Tua's prognosis is excellent, and we expect him to make a full recovery," Alabama orthopedic surgeon Dr. Lyle Cain said in a statement. "He will return to Tuscaloosa in the next several days to begin his rehab."
Cain told ESPN's Laura Rutledge that Tagovailoa will be on a partial weight-bearing recovery plan for six weeks and will be rehabbing daily in Tuscaloosa. In three months he will be able to begin athletic activity again, and by the spring should be ready to begin throwing.

Yep.

It will be interesting to see how his recovery goes, and of course this injury will have some long-term effect. But the group mentality of some that he’ll never play effectively as an NFL QB, and the subsequent derision of those who disagree (including, apparently, medical pros), is just weird.

Yep.

It will be interesting to see how his recovery goes, and of course this injury will have some long-term effect. But the group mentality of some that he’ll never play effectively as an NFL QB, and the subsequent derision of those who disagree (including, apparently, medical pros), is just weird.
Those are mainly the same posters who never wanted Tua in the 1st place. So it doesn’t strike me as strange. They found a “good” reason to not want him and are running Full speed with that idea.

Those are mainly the same posters who never wanted Tua in the 1st place. So it doesn’t strike me as strange. They found a good reason to not want him and are running Full speed with that idea.

That’s a very fair point.

I think the injury raises concerns but as someone posted on another thread, it’s difficult to know how serious it is until doctors clarify the severity and the potential for full recovery. Then it’s the combines and see how he gets on. I agree with that post ..... I don’t see FO just jumping in for Tua until that’s all come and gone... and he may withdraw from the draft ... so much can happen until the drafts still
There's no way he does much of anything at the combine.

I have not researched that -- is that 100% certified TRUE?

I was asking because I do not know if any player has ever come back from this particular injury. I was merely just saying that IF no player has ever come back from this injury, Tua wont be first.

Has any football player ever come back to play football from this type of injury?

If the answer is no, then Tua is done.
The answer is no ( Bo Jackson was super human and ran right out of his hip socket... It’ s not happen TUA’S fan )

I was asking because I do not know if any player has ever come back from this particular injury. I was merely just saying that IF no player has ever come back from this injury, Tua wont be first.

OK. I don't know either way...

But for sure -- it's a very serious threat to a PRO athletes career...

There's a huge difference between being ambulatory and fully functional as a PRO athlete.

"Recovery" from such a severe injury seems to be highly dependent on "occupational demands."

Back
Top Bottom