Positive Press? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positive Press?

dolfanreal69

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Why are none of the great things that our players are doing not making the papers? I mean Sam Madison is having a charity event and the team is holding many other events to help people.Yet all i see is stories about ex players who are in trouble. This is making me mad!

Bad news sells and that is all thanks to us as society. The Dolphins do a lot for the community and many of our players are very active in our community. But one of thoes guys gets pulled over for a DUI...It will head line ESPN, CNN, ABC NEWS....so on and so on.

have any of u ever noticed that no one pays attention to us when were doing good, but all eyes are on us if we do something wrong?

well thats because when were doing good, its the "same ole dolphins story" but if were doing bad, hell is freezing over :lol:

But I feel you man, just look at Sun Sentinel's Miami Dolphins page right now, all lined one after the other is 1. Dolphins dont want Nails 2. Jermaine Haley gets DUI charge reduced 3.Marion arrested for Insurance fraud 3.Former Dolphin Atkins charged with fighting police during domestic dispute

Its ridiculous man.

Theres only bad news in the media cuz ppl are negative by nature...noone focus on what GOOD happens, only the bad.

DolFan31 said:
But I feel you man, just look at Sun Sentinel's Miami Dolphins page right now, all lined one after the other is 1. Dolphins dont want Nails 2. Jermaine Haley gets DUI charge reduced 3.Marion arrested for Insurance fraud 3.Former Dolphin Atkins charged with fighting police during domestic dispute
At least he got it reduced... ;)

I agree. Calamity sells papers, and generally you don't report something good unless it's becoming great... and we've had our share of positive press when we've, ahem, "earned it". Freshest in my (not so fresh) memory: Dallas/Thanksgiving last year, and Oakland in 2002.

Good times...

All true,but if the NFL wants to worry about it's image it would stand to reason they would want to bring to light all the positive things that players do for kids and the community more.

Controversy sells. If we win they are putting us in the SUPER BOWL and if we lose than they always do the doom and gloom thing. D. Hyde is the worst with those types of articles. The truth is you are only as good as your last game in the medias eyes.

This is atypical of our society and the Liberal run media. Flash and controversy sells, no matter who it hurts, no matter if it is factual or not. One needs only to look at Iraq as a perfect example. Yes there are problems, as there are in any war. But we don't here about the good things like the schools and hospitals being built. About an infrastructure of democratic government being installed by the Iraqis, with our help. We hear only about:
- The prison issues (I refuse to call it abuse)
- A young man beheaded by a sick, evil group of terrorists
- Fighting with insurgents, many of whom are not Iraqis, and if they are are the leftovers of Sadamm's Republican Guard, who themselves are domestic terrorists

I am utterly sick of this nations media. Perfect example, Peter Jennings, whom I have lost immense respect for, doesn't even report about the bomb with Serin gas in it. Hmmmm... I wonder why. Because it doesn't serve him or his Liberal cronies well. Well I say too bad PJ, tell us the facts on everything or tell us nothing at all.

It is the same with the sports journalists. They report so many half truths and non - truths, I am sick of them.

I no longer look to the media for "real" news, just the headlines, then personal research tells the rest of the story.

Just one man's opinion.

DD

but do you ever hear during the regular season on nfl tonight or something the dolphins are playing well. and then when we lose something its what has happened to the miami dolphins?! oh well they can ignore us while were playing good right to the superbowl...

DallasDolfan said:
This is atypical of our society and the Liberal run media. Flash and controversy sells, no matter who it hurts, no matter if it is factual or not. One needs only to look at Iraq as a perfect example. Yes there are problems, as there are in any war. But we don't here about the good things like the schools and hospitals being built. About an infrastructure of democratic government being installed by the Iraqis, with our help. We hear only about:
- The prison issues (I refuse to call it abuse)
- A young man beheaded by a sick, evil group of terrorists
- Fighting with insurgents, many of whom are not Iraqis, and if they are are the leftovers of Sadamm's Republican Guard, who themselves are domestic terrorists

I am utterly sick of this nations media. Perfect example, Peter Jennings, whom I have lost immense respect for, doesn't even report about the bomb with Serin gas in it. Hmmmm... I wonder why. Because it doesn't serve him or his Liberal cronies well. Well I say too bad PJ, tell us the facts on everything or tell us nothing at all.

It is the same with the sports journalists. They report so many half truths and non - truths, I am sick of them.

I no longer look to the media for "real" news, just the headlines, then personal research tells the rest of the story.

Just one man's opinion.

DD

if you only knew the truth about how the media really is..:shakeno:

Ill give you a hint: Its not liberal, for the most part.

DolFan31 said:
if you only knew the truth about how the media really is..:shakeno:

Ill give you a hint: Its not liberal, for the most part.

:roflmao:

Surely you jest... not liberal, give me a break.

What planet are you from!!

Back
Top Bottom