Positive Thread on FA, please? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positive Thread on FA, please?

the fact that our players got more money than what they should have doesn’t mean they won’t be missed......Wilkins is one of the best DT's in the NFL.....Hunt is a good guard.....AVG was a great role player who always made plays.....Jones was part of the rotation at safety....yes they got overpaid but it still hurts the team to lose all those players......what type of team we'll be in 2024? Time will tell but saying that they got overpaid doesn’t make it any easier
Episode 7 Hug GIF by Star Wars

Hope the gif gives you a grin. I am happy we are not the ones paying. I am happy for each of the players. They deserve it. It is another spot to fill. But I hope we fill it the appropriate way. I don't think many here are factoring we are not going to be running the same scheme on defense as last year. And this will affect how we value our current FA.

And I truly thought we got unlucky by not changing scheme after Flores. I think had we done so, we would have been able to trade Wilkins easier than this past season.

exactly. so its a transition year wherein we will commit 250+ to the QB? without finsing him long term protection? seems moronic but dolphins gonna dolphin
If they are still not sure, then now would be the time to trade him. My guess is they use the leverage to sign him to a cap friendly deal. Tua is already being extended a year after his peer class. And the only reason why folks want to move on is because Tua is not the same size as Herbert.

If they are still not sure, then now would be the time to trade him. My guess is they use the leverage to sign him to a cap friendly deal. Tua is already being extended a year after his peer class. And the only reason why folks want to move on is because Tua is not the same size as Herbert.
Size is not the only reason why, the guy comes up small in big moments too.

As long as Grier is careful who he signs, Miami will have picks in every round of the 2025 draft, including 3 thirds, 3 fifths, and 2 sevenths.
And this is massively important for this team, considering the last two years + next month we have had minimal picks. Gotta restock the shelves.

Hate losing these guys, but it's the mess the NFL free agency and salary cap has become. I wish they had some kind of help in place to re-sign your own former 1st round draft picks. Like maybe 5 to 10 million of the contract wouldn't count toward the salary cap if they were your original first round pick.

exactly. so its a transition year wherein we will commit 250+ to the QB? without finsing him long term protection? seems moronic but dolphins gonna dolphin
Honestly, the only reason to do it would be from a marketing perspective. But would really make no sense to make that kind of commitment to Tua on a team with a future so uncertain.

the fact that our players got more money than what they should have doesn’t mean they won’t be missed......Wilkins is one of the best DT's in the NFL.....Hunt is a good guard.....AVG was a great role player who always made plays.....Jones was part of the rotation at safety....yes they got overpaid but it still hurts the team to lose all those players......what type of team we'll be in 2024? Time will tell but saying that they got overpaid doesn’t make it any easier
Wouldn’t be a problem if miami had young prospects in the bullpen waiting to take over or a plethora of draft picks. Oh you say they have neither of those? Cam smith, tindall? Lol this roster is a mess. At least the 8-9 wins this season won’t be as expensive like it was last year.

Today feels like a day of mourning.. wtf just happened to our team?!

With that being said, please sign Connor Williams. We need, no no, we have to have him. I cannot watch another game with Liam at center (or anywhere on the field for that matter). This better be the best draft we've ever seen and if we take another CB in the first round, i'll throw my tv out the window.

Can someone who knows OL/DL play please tell me there are guys that we can target?

Please, give me names. I need encouragement bc today SUCKED
sorry but it's looking like nothing's gonna save your day😭

Most of our fans should have expected this to happen day 1 of free agency. I think we’ll feel a little better once we start signing some players to bargain deals

Back
Top Bottom