Post your mock draft to beat the Patriots. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post your mock draft to beat the Patriots.

Playmaker76

Active Roster
Reaction score
I would love to see some of your ideas on Dolphins mock drafts designed to beat the Patriots. Let's face it, the Patriots provide matchup nightmares for us, particularly at the QB and TE positions. How would you counter this with our draft picks?

For starters, the base defense would be a 4-2-5 with three starting safeties. I think that would help Miami matchup with New England's tight ends and quick passing game. Obviously you need talent in the secondary and pass rushers just about everywhere. I like that the Dolphins brought in two athletic linebackers who can rush the passer.

As to the draft, I'd concentrate heavily on making the secondary a force, bringining in at least one pass rusher and improving the offensive line. Here are my thoughts on the draft.

1. Bjoern Werner DE --- I would consider Trufant, Rhodes, Ansah and Cooper. But, I really like Werner as a disruptive pass rusher and as a run stopper.
2. Eric Reid S -- May need to trade up to get him. He's my favorite safety in this draft and I love his physical style. Could wait to get Rambo in later rounds.
2. Kyle Long OT -- Long could start at RT or LG. Love his upside.
3. DJ Hayden CB-- First round talent, but his injury will drop him.
3. Dallas Thomas G --- A guy who seems to be a little under the radar. Could play RT, but I think OG is his best position.
4. Terry Hawthorne CB --- Would consider Chase Thomas if he drops or Rambo.
5. Marquis Wilson WR --- A big guy who could complement Wallace and Hartline.
5. Joe Kruger DE --- Probably a 3-4 round guy so this may be optimistic.

In the 7th rounds, I'd look for DT's to develop, maybe a quarterback or best player available.

Back
Top Bottom