Potential Trade Partners To Move Back | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
While we really need to move down, i don't think the payout is going to be wildly interesting.

Teams can miss out on Sewell knowing there's a seam of Slater/Darrisaw/Vera-Tucker et al right behind. Tackle depth is massive. I would have Darrisaw level with Sewell personally.

How big is the gap, if at all, from Fields/Lance to Jones/Mills, maybe even Trask?

Rousseau? Paye? They don't look like cant-miss top picks to me. Barmore? Nobody is trading up to 3 to be guaranteed to get him. Parsons? Could be there's a risk prone GM who would do it but I can't see it. Surtain or Farley at 3? Personally I rate Horn higher, i can't see a trade up for them either.

So, it's going to be for Fields, Lance or Sewell (or one of the guys Miami prob wants in Pitts or Smith). Nobody is overpaying for those choices, imo.

The return will be modest and the Fo will have to weigh the return against the risk of missing out. I'd do it one way or another, but not expecting a bonanza.
I keep telling these guys we will not get a Tunsil like trade, but they don’t believe it.

Maybe they move up, it's possible. I do believe however they're more likely to stay put and draft a CB. Then again, what do I know. I'm just a hick in Canada that loves the Dolphins for some reason. :hclap:
That is probably more likely. Maybe they add a veteran quarterback with some upside. Trubisky?

I think Darnold could be very good in San Fran. They always have a nice running attack to take the pressure off their QBs and Darnold would certainly have a lot more to work with there. You might see a Tannehill-like jump from him.
That's a great system for a quarterback. I was even thinking Trubisky could be a target for the 49ers.

Most of us seem to be down with Miami trading the 3rd pick to move back a few spots. What kind of value should we expect to receive if we did move back from 3?

I personally would want a 2022 1st in any type of trade package for the 3rd overall. It's always nice owning multiple first round picks in a draft and Miami is in great position to possibly make that happen three years in a row if we decide to move back from 3.

I don't want to stir up another DeShaun debate but lets say Houston really doesn't end up talking any trades this offseason. Miami would then go ahead and use their 2021 picks to add to our rebuild while potentially being able to load up with more future assets in 2022. If Watson became available next year and Miami really did want DeShaun then we should still be able to pull a trade off if we added an extra 2022 1st round pick.

Tua // 2022 1st Round Pick // 2022 1st Round Pick // 2022 2nd Round Pick // 2023 1st Round Pick

FOR

DeShaun Watson

I believe a trade similar to that should be enough to land Watson and Miami should have a better team by then as well since we used our 2021 assets to build. IMO this would be the best scenario for Miami if we did decide to trade for Watson.
Moving back from 3 to pick up an extra 2022 1st round pick would be smart for Miami to do regardless if they have intentions to trade for Watson or not though so hopefully Miami can make something happen!

These are some of my ideas for a potential trade if we did decided to move back in the draft.

Trade With Bengals
Trade:
-2021 1st Round (3 Overall)
-2021 6th Round
-2022 7th Round (Titans)

Receive:
-2021 1st Round (5 Overall)
-2022 1st Round (Bengals)

Trade With Eagles
Trade:
-2022 7th Round (Titans)

Receive:
-2021 1st Round (6 Overall)
-2022 1st Round (Eagles)

Trade With Lions
Trade:
-2022 7th Round (Titans)

Receive:
-2021 1st Round (7 Overall)
-2022 1st Round (Lions)

Trade With Panthers
Trade:
-2021 4th Round
-2021 6th Round
-2022 4th Round
-2022 6th Round

Receive:
-2021 1st Round (8 Overall)
-2021 2nd Round (39 Overall)
-2022 1st Round (Panthers)

Trade With Broncos
Trade:
-2021 6th Round
-2022 4th Round
-2022 7th Round (Titans)

Receive:
-2021 1st Round (9 Overall)
-2021 3rd Round (71 Overall)
-2022 1st Round (Broncos)
-2022 3rd Round (Broncos)

Trade With 49ers
Trade:
-2021 6th Round
-2022 4th Round
-2022 7th Round (Titans)

Receive:
-2021 1st Round (12 Overall)
-2021 2nd Round (43 Overall)
-2022 1st Round (49ers)
-2022 2nd Round (49ers)

What do y'all think about those potential trades and which ones would you prefer?
Do y'all think those are realistic trade packages for both teams? If not what would you change?

If you guys have any other potential trade ideas for the 3rd pick feel free to share what type of package you'd like back!

Don't want to beat a dead horse, but, if a number of those teams don't feel a need to trade up, Miami's suitors could be one team and the bidding war is over. I'm like everyone here . . . I want a '22 R1 pick. I think a #3 pick is worth it, however, I'm not convinced that will happen. I'll not be surprised if (given a legit offer) it doesn't include any '22 picks. Obviously, that depends on the position of the suitor (#5? #12?) and how flexible Miami is in who they want. In any case, I wouldn't turn down a safe trade just because there was no '22 R1.

I'm like quite a fwe here. CAR is most likely. Not certain how many teams crave Sewell.

Don't want to beat a dead horse, but, if a number of those teams don't feel a need to trade up, Miami's suitors could be one team and the bidding war is over. I'm like everyone here . . . I want a '22 R1 pick. I think a #3 pick is worth it, however, I'm not convinced that will happen. I'll not be surprised if (given a legit offer) it doesn't include any '22 picks. Obviously, that depends on the position of the suitor (#5? #12?) and how flexible Miami is in who they want. In any case, I wouldn't turn down a safe trade just because there was no '22 R1.

I'm like quite a fwe here. CAR is most likely. Not certain how many teams crave Sewell.
Try as I might, I can't see any team eager to trade up for Sewell. It's a better play to lurk in place and see which Tackles fall. This draft may open with four QBs taken.

Also is very contingent on how teams view "the fourth" quarterback. Is there a big drop off from Lawrence, Fields and Wilson? How do Lance and Jones rate with the scouts?

I haven't dived into quarterbacks this year, but what I'm reading/hearing is that it's the top three and then a drop off. But I don't know how true that is. If teams feel strongly about Lance, Miami could be sitting with zero offers. In that case, I really think it's probably between Chase and Smith.

Also is very contingent on how teams view "the fourth" quarterback. Is there a big drop off from Lawrence, Fields and Wilson? How do Lance and Jones rate with the scouts?

I haven't dived into quarterbacks this year, but what I'm reading/hearing is that it's the top three and then a drop off. But I don't know how true that is. If teams feel strongly about Lance, Miami could be sitting with zero offers. In that case, I really think it's probably between Chase and Smith.

Agree and there are several more variables which is why it's hard to make predictions on anything

As nearly as I can tell from reading an endless number of scouting reports... MOST scouts see Lance as a boom/bust guy who looks like he has all of the requisite skills, but played against very weak competition... so he scares them. Endorsing him could cost them their jobs if he busts.

Jones looks like a game manager. Not the world's best skill-set, but tough and smart can win games.

I'm betting all 5 go in the first round before there is a gap to Trask... in the third.

But I'm wrong so often. LOL

Mac Jones will be better than just a game manager. He is physically big that can stay strong in the pocket and is an accurate thrower of the football. He was more accurate than Fields in the NC game. He is smart and I might be in the minority but I would trust him more than Wilson.

Mac Jones will be better than just a game manager. He is physically big that can stay strong in the pocket and is an accurate thrower of the football. He was more accurate than Fields in the NC game. He is smart and I might be in the minority but I would trust him more than Wilson.
Surrounded by loads of talent. I think he’s good but not that good. Solid backup and maybe a starter in the nfl..not An all pro or anything..maybe a poorest man’s Tom Brady..if Brady was a backup still.

Only way someone trades w us is if zack Wilson is there at 3. Do we take Wilson at 3 and let the best qb win the job. But jets should take Wilson or Lawrence, whoever is available.

Wilson has all the tools to be very good.

Everyone knew we wanted Tua and no one could get us to budge. I'm hopeful, but not optimistic.

I think the Lions and Panthers are most likely to be picking top 10 again next year. I’m not including the Bengals because they will not trade a 1st round pick to move up two spots. 😄

So I’m only dealing with the Lions and Panthers. The only reason I’m trading down is Tua insurance.

Back
Top Bottom