Pouncey Expected to be Ready for Regular Season: Jackson Reports | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey Expected to be Ready for Regular Season: Jackson Reports

He will be injured by week 3 on IR by week 8.

If he gets injured due to his ongoing issues, he really should look into retirement. (Sucks to have to say that)

If it's a fluke injury then damn that sucks.

We can only hope he stays healthy. He's so damn talented and should be the best center like he was on his way towards before the injury that derailed his career.

He's an idiot but a nice guy off the field going back to practices when he was Gator. (So was Aaron Hernandez, one of the coolest guys I've ever met)

We def need stability at center so this is the year for Pouncey.

I hope their plan for him involves rotating another center during games. We need him for the playoffs, even though we need to get there first.

"Bacterial infection of his inner thigh". Sounds like he was able to snap some balls this summer after all.....

Obviously hope the team is able to get 12 plus starts from Mike Pouncey. When healthy, he has an impact.

Long-term the team needs to find a replacement and the sooner the better. I was hoping Miami would draft a guard/center type, but certainly understand the direction the team went with defense.

I'd look early in next years' draft, though, for someone who can play guard/center at a high level. If Pouncey stays healthy, you've got the replacement for Bushrod. If not, you can move forward with a quality center to replace him.

I hope their plan for him involves rotating another center during games. We need him for the playoffs, even though we need to get there first.

Terrible idea.

If he can't play a full 60 minute game he doesn't need to dress. Plain and simple.

Rotating centers during a game is not conducive to establishing and mainting a rhythm between your center and QB.

Terrible idea.

If he can't play a full 60 minute game he doesn't need to dress. Plain and simple.

Rotating centers during a game is not conducive to establishing and mainting a rhythm between your center and QB.

Of course it's not the ideal scenario, but I don't think he gets through 16 games healthy while playing every down. I hope I'm wrong.

Our OL needs more dependability IMHO. We had too many needs to address center this off-season, but next off-season we absolutely need to re-assess ... and I don't mean Ted Larsen.

The big questions are:

1. How many games is he going to be able to give us, and

2. Will he be available for the postseason?

IMHO, we need at least 12 games out of him and full availability/health for the postseason. If not, I'm hoping we move on from Mike Pouncey next off-season.

The most important ability is availability. At a position that is so interdependent like center, that thinking has a lot of merit. Particularly when you are one of the highest paid at your position.

you play pouncey full-on no restrictions...if he misses major time again you have to walk away. plain and simple....

he's an x-factor when he's on the field and healthy....

Back
Top Bottom