Pouncey wants to be released | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey wants to be released

The words that came to mind when I saw that tweet were "Our long national nightmare has ended ..."

I was fine enough with Pouncey but hated he never went through all practices and had to be treated like porcelain. IMO that hurt line chemistry. His public Hernandez support was also odd.

But he is one of the guys Gase always talked positively about. So this is the first move we’ve seen of a guy Gase supported. Truly nobody is safe.

Last edited:
So who are the top centers in the draft class and where will they be available?

I'm a big fan of Ragnow out of Arkansas but unless we move around our draft picks we would have to hope he falls to our second round pick.
Ragnow will be there Rd2.
Daniels the Iowa kid is tremendous.
I don't thing the SF Center precludes us from drafting Center.

RE

Pouncey wants to be released

Perhaps and consider -- the most essential "quality" an N F L evaluator must project is a players "character" development
as much (if not more) than his core athletic chops... Beyond that -- I have always liked Mike Pouncey based on his
historical record and "unique" life story -- I affirm only the best for him -- yet his physical demise is a clear sign
(IMO) he needs to move on in his life... Football glory is now over.

The phins rewarded him well with his last contract. Over the past few years he has been robbing this team. The organization has gone above and beyond for this guy, considering his injuries.
I can’t imagine any team offering anything more than a 1yr deal for a guy on the decline, who can’t participate in all practices and who is dealing with a serious career threatening hip disorder (avascular necrosis).

Gase and Tannen-bum are toxic. Spin it however you want they lost this team. Now they are spewing 'culture change'. Pouncey leaving this money on the table and requesting release says ALOT! FO has no plan in place to replace. What now, another hole to fill. They better sign Sitton. And boy did his price just go up!!

Dude, as a executive or manager in a fortune 500 company, you should know as much as anyone that no one is irreplaceable. Those who have an over-inflated self importance and think they bring more to the table than they really do typically learn the hard way when they overplay their hand and are shown the door. Life in the office goes on as normal. A person would have to be really, really special and bring a unique skill for companies to tolerate any bull crap and even that has limits. Gase and T-bum haven't lost the team. They are just replacing guys who don't want to be here with guys that do. No different than anywhere else most of us have worked. In the end, they will be the ones to pay the piper if it doesn't work out.

On a side note: Although, it has long past where I could have any real success, I am a person who could have benefitted from a manager like you. I am not ashamed to admit it. As one who is dependable and a hard worker, but without any unique skill I was a minnow swimming among sharks. I made some poor choices and I had a manager who only cared about himself. My days in the corporate world didn't last long as I was soon gobbled up.

Last edited:
The thing that just hit me about this is Pouncey wanted more money but now he went from a state with a 0% income tax to paying over 12% in Cali. Unless SF gives him a lot more money, which I don’t think they plan on doing, his complaining to get more money actually got him much much less.

The thing that just hit me about this is Pouncey wanted more money but now he went from a state with a 0% income tax to paying over 12% in Cali. Unless SF gives him a lot more money, which I don’t think they plan on doing, his complaining to get more money actually got him much much less.
Pouncey was cut, not traded to SF.

Back
Top Bottom