Poyer to Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poyer to Miami

That's now the 3rd unit Griers appears to have upgraded.

Safety/ TE/ LBER.

Some may disagree, but I have already forgotten some of the guys we lost.

We are getting tougher, better tackling etc.

The huge news would be Cam Smith being legit.

O line and D Line should now be the focus.

Unless the intention is the draft which just happens to have great options in both areas.

It's the noticable thing with these signings. They are all good tacklers, something the Dolphins defence has been terrible at for years. Just go watch the Ravens v Chiefs championship game and watch how many missed tackles there were. It was the thing that really stood out in my mind just how good both defences tackled.
Exactly....I watched the playoffs, even our game against the Chiefs and that was the one thing I kept saying to myself. Those teams rarely miss the first tackle and they are always in good position. We've got some physicality now, let's hope Weaver can put them in the right spots.

Anyone else feel like Grier is actually killing it in FA this year with some sneaky, under-the-radar signings that don't break the bank?

Yes.

In some ways, I feel our team may have slightly gotten better overall.

Every player we lost got over paid. Grats to them on their pay day.

But I don't really think Grier has overpaid yet, on any of these adds.

Very interested in what else Grier has up his sleeve

A year late but still love it…. Doesn’t impact comp picks, which I really want those 2 3rds mostly. And he’s interchangeable with Snowman so fits the scheme perfectly. From a different position he’ll also bring some of the “nasty” we’re losing with Wilk gone.

Still need another safety. Baltimore’s defense used 3-safety looks on roughly 30% snaps in 2023. I like someone like Tracy Walker for that third safety role.

Anyone else feel like Grier is actually killing it in FA this year with some sneaky, under-the-radar signings that don't break the bank?
I think he’s killing it so far under the circumstances. Still more work to do and excited to see what happens the rest of the offseason.

Add a guard or two and a DT and the draft is fully open to BPA which should be every contender’s goal.

Back
Top Bottom