Pre-Draft Notes from PFW | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pre-Draft Notes from PFW

daywalker

Starter
Reaction score
"I have big questions about (North Carolina DT) Kentwan Balmer and (Arkansas DT) Marcus Harrison. I think both will wind up going in the second round, but I wouldn’t want either of them. They are the reason the Browns traded away both of their picks. You could feel a lot better about Corey Williams and Shaun Rogers than you could about either of them. It's a bad year to need a defensive tackle."

"I didn’t think (USC TE) Fred Davis was a very good player, and with all the bad influences in his life, you better have a strong locker room to control him."

"(California WR) DeSean Jackson is a pretty special talent. I think he has special burst and change of direction. He had an excellent (pro day) workout."

"I don’t think (Oklahoma CB) Reggie Smith can play cornerback. To me, he’s a safety, and I don’t know if he is tough enough to play it, either. What do you do with a guy like that."

"If you look at (Oklahoma WR) Malcolm Kelly’s production, how much different is he from (ex-Sooner, now-Browns WR) Travis Wilson. I’ve never understood all the hype about him. He’s overrated."

"(Boston College QB) Matt Ryan made some bad decisions this year. I didn’t see the magic that some other people did to believe that his skills would transfer to the NFL. It’s a tough year if you need a quarterback."

"If (Louisville QB) Brian Brohm had come out early as a junior, he might have been the first quarterback picked. If Brady Quinn had declared as a junior, he’d probably be playing for San Francisco right now instead of Alex Smith. I like Brohm, but I don’t see a lot of difference between him and Chad Henne and Joe Flacco. They all have shortcomings. If I were going to take any of them, I would rather not put the pressure of being a first-round bust on their shoulders."

"(Eastern Michigan DL) Jason Jones is moving up. Our coaches really like him. He can rush the passer. He's too big and athletic to get out of the second round."

"My concern with (LSU WR) Early Doucet is whether he is going to make any plays on his own. As a defensive coordinator, I would not be scared to face him."

"There’s a lot of buzz about (Virginia Tech WR) Eddie Royal. He could get drafted earlier than a lot of people expect."
ProFootballWeekly.com

If (Louisville QB) Brian Brohm had come out early as a junior, he might have been the first quarterback picked. If Brady Quinn had declared as a junior, he’d probably be playing for San Francisco right now instead of Alex Smith. I like Brohm, but I don’t see a lot of difference between him and Chad Henne and Joe Flacco. They all have shortcomings. If I were going to take any of them, I would rather not put the pressure of being a first-round bust on their shoulders."

he was a Sohpmore in 2005 not Junior and Brian Brohm would have been drafted 9 By us last year

Back
Top Bottom