Predict the Order of the AFC East Teams Next Season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict the Order of the AFC East Teams Next Season

Silly assumptions. I'm in this thread for my own purposes, one being that I want to discuss this. But it is no coincidence that a 3 time NFL champ fan comes here to ask who'll win the division, as if it's any team but the Patriots.

Your team stunk for a long time. Ours was good for a long time. We'll be back. I just hope all you Pats, Jets and Bills fans will still be here when that happens. We're going to give you a grand taste of what it feels like

WTF. You are making something out of nothing and you sound like a petty fool.

Take it for what it is, just one man's opinion. I think there are way too many variables in the CPep situation for it all to end up smoothly. It's not like the dolphins are feeding his confidence by being linked to every available quarterback over the past two years. Sure, Mueller's strategy is to load up on qb's but I think that's the wrong way to go, especially when you load up with average (or what their former teams perceived to be below average) quarterbacks. That just invites a quarterback controversy the second the starter goes into a slump. With all the media coverage the fins get people will be calling for the backup (no matter who it is) immediately.

As for Pep's mobility I saw everything I needed to his first four games. 21 sacks in four games is pretty mind boggling. And that element of his game is what Daunte thrived off of. In Minnesota he was famous for buying time with his legs then just heaving the ball up to Randy Moss. Nobody can cover moss for an extended period of time so that combination flourished. Now in Miami he is without his former mobility and throws to Chris Chambers and lets face it, Chambers is no Moss. I just think that's too many obstacles for him to overcome. And you may say that his mobility can get better and maybe even back to what it was, but I just don't see it. His knee got completely annihilated, and not just McGahee style, it was even more brutal and severe than that.

Besides I've always questioned his decision making as well. But what do I know, I'm just some bills fan on a dolphins message board.

It will look pretty close to this, unfortunately

1. New England 12-4
2. N.Y Jets 9-7
3. Miami 8-8
4. Buffalo 6-10

I just couldn't put us in last!!!

Buffalo Fan here:

Pats fight tooth and nail with the Jets for the division crown

Bills go 8-8.

Phins dont make it to .500

Reasons,

Pats FA was outstanding and they have a zillion picks in this draft that they can use to trade up and pick the players they truely want.

Jets are a fairly balanced team both offensively and defensively. FA was good to the Jets.

The Bills addressed their major concern using FA by beefing up the O-line. Defensive losses in Clements and Fletcher will wound but not kill them.

The Phins have no QB to speak of... yet. Adding Joey Porter to an already stout defense does nothing to bolster their non-existent offense. The Phins best signing thus far has been FB Cory Schlesinger from Detroit.

The Bills addressed their major concern using FA by beefing up the O-line. Defensive losses in Clements and Fletcher will wound but not kill them.

You could have written exactly the same thing before the start of last season. How did that work out?

How can a team that you predict will go 8-8 have only one major concern?

Considering you didn't even experience those Superbowl wins take some / all of the "oomph" out of that comment.

Truth be told, neither one of us really has the ground to talk smack to anyone. Miami hasn't won anything for 35 years and Buffalo has never won. Yet we continue to go back and forth as if we won it yesterday.

You don't have to sit here and preach to me about me not being alive when Miami won the SB. I'm fully aware of this. But we have to constantly defend ourselves on OUR site and try remain positive when hooligans from the other AFC East teams come here and think they own the place.

You can beat Miami every year forever but if you don't win the SB, what will it matter?

I appreciate the judgement of my character rookie. Thanks

Hey man I'm not looking to disrespect you or your team and all I'm asking is for the same treatment.

Back
Top Bottom