Predicting The Afc Playoff Teams | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predicting The Afc Playoff Teams

Actually, last time Brady went down for a season didnt the Pats still finish with double digit wins and Cassel got himself a huge payday that he didn't deserve?

Until both of them are gone (who knows what happens after that) its still the patriots division unfortunately.

I don’t disagree with you but that 08 team was an all star team that won every game the year before. Not sure NE is quite that good now. Plus Cassel wasn’t bad back then, he threw 27 TD’s and 7 picks in one of his KC years. That’s better than anything Hoyer has ever done.

New England
Pittsburgh
Jags
Broncos

Miami and CLEVELAND in the wild card.

To be honest I just wanted to make the bold Cleveland prediction.

I like the Clev prediction! They’re my team to be in the hunt for the last wild card spot. Losing out to LAC and TN.

Last edited:
Back on topic:

1.Patriots
2.Steelers
3.Raiders
4.Jags

5.Dolphins
6.Ravens

I think Buffalo and Houston will be right there fighting for wildcards as well.

Oakland has a good QB/Coach combination in Carr/Gruden and I think they will be good for a long time.

Buffalo made the playoffs last year with extremely questionable QB play, surprised nobody seems to be giving them any respect.

I believe Miami's QB/Coach combo of Gase/Tannehill is top 5-6 in the AFC, obviously Tannehill MUST stay healthy for us to be contenders this year.

Nice point on RT/Gase combo. Top 5 for sure...adding Tannenbaum puts the 3 right at 32. I really dislike Tbomb.

All about who can stay healthy and who gets hot at the right time. I think we have as good of a chance of making the playoffs. I also think too many people are sleeping on the browns this year. I think browns will be in the wildcard hunt this year, yes the Cleveland browns.

Good ol hue. That’s what I was getting at, don’t buy the hype w/ them this year bc the coach that has lost all those games is still there
Hue was my preference when we hired Adam. We dodged a hollow point bullet! Clearly he's like Norv and Wade Phillips- having a Coordinator skill set ceiling. (as favorably compared to Philbin who's failed even at the position coach level).

1. Jags
2. Pats
3. Steelers
4. Broncos
5. Ravens
6. Titans

WC: Steelers over Titans
WC: Ravens over Broncos

Div: Jags over Ravens
Div: Steelers over Pats

AFC Champ: Jags over Steelers

Female Dogs
Steelers
Jaguars
Raiders

Wild Card: Dolphins, Chargers

b3x42LX.png

Patriots
Steelers
Jags
Chargers

Phins
Texans

If the top AFC teams are:

Patriots
Chiefs
Jaguars
Steelers....

That leaves us:

Dolphins
Bills
Jets

Broncos
Raiders
Chargers

Texans
Colts
Titans

Ravens
Bengals
Browns

We have to be one of two next best teams with a better W/L record (barring tie breakers)….IMO Dolphins, Bills, Broncos, Raiders, Texans, Ravens are the best of the rest...
that leaves us having to be better than 4 other teams for the last 2 spots

Are we better than any or all of the leftovers? I think we are better than the Bills, Broncos and Raiders leaving 2 teams that historically give us issues....

Can we win more games than the Texans and/or Ravens? ….should be interesting.....

I’d add Titans, Chargers and Browns to that list; with the Ravens being my lowest team on that list. Going to be a lot of teams in the 7-10 win range. I have Titans and Chargers with 10 and in the playoffs.

I fully expect the Ravens to go through a QB change around midseason that will change the meaning of their season.

AFC teams I am convinced will be better than Miami in 2018:

New England
Pittsburgh
Jacksonville

That's it.

San Diego? The popular Cinderella pick since forever? They've been considerably WORSE than the Fins over the past three years. 4-12, 5-11, and 9-7 isn't putting the fear of God into me. Kansas City? With Mahomes? We'll see. Oakland? I'm not convinced Chucky is going to turn that team around in a season. Houston? Sure, DeShaun Watson is back, but does anyone remember how bad that defense was? Tennessee? Indy? Not scared. Denver? Time for Vance Joseph to show me something.

New York? Buffalo? They're rebooting at QB. Cincy? Give me one reason 2018 won't look just like 2015, 2016, 2017.... Cleveland? How about they win more than one game during this Presidential administration before we say they're playoff contenders?

The point is - there isn't a single team in the AFC without some GLARING questions, other than NE and Pitt. I still have questions about Jacksonville on offense, but that D is so good I'm not sure it matters. Miami is right in the middle of that group with glaring questions.

I don't see any reason to not say "Miami has a shot at a wildcard this year." There are about a dozen teams that can say that same thing.

How do you feel about this today?

Going to be tough.
1. KC
2. NE
3. Baltimore
4. Jax

wildcard
Chargers
Cincy

Our best hope is Cincinnati has a rough go in their division and we sweep the rest of the games vs the AFC East.

Back
Top Bottom