Preseason means NOTHING Dolfans.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preseason means NOTHING Dolfans....

Playmaker76

Active Roster
Reaction score
Green Bay was trailing 14-3 at the half against KC in week 1 preseason last year. Pittsburgh was losing 17-3 at the half against Denver in week 2 of preseason last year. Both teams went to the Super Bowl. Not saying Miami will make the SB, just saying preseason means nothing!

edit: Also, check out NFC runner up Chicago going 0-4 in preseason last year losing its first 3 games to sorry a$$ teams.

Well it does mean something. Winning or losing does not matter but how you play matters. Its clear Miami has quite a bit of work to do.

Very true, the starting team looked very bad. Not one player seem to be ready to play.

Preseason may mean nothing but an Oline that couldmuster about 2 yards a carry for the runningback is sad gamplan or not.

What tunaphish said. The outcome means absolutely nothing but it means a great deal to see our young players in action, especially since they have only been with the team/signed a couple weeks at most. This preseason is more important than usual.

If I would have seen max effort from the starting units I would be concerned. The defense, especially the d-line was just going through the motions and treating the game like a pro bowl game. The starting offense was missing its 3 best players. I'm not going to jump into any nonsensical irrational conclusions from that game.

If it didn't mean anything, it wouldn't be necessary to even play. The preseason is used to evaluate players, order the depth chart, conditioning and allowing players to play an opponent at game speed. What you meant to say is at the preseason doesn't predict how well you will do in thenregular season.

If it didn't mean anything, it wouldn't be necessary to even play. The preseason is used to evaluate players, order the depth chart, conditioning and allowing players to play an opponent at game speed. What you meant to say is at the preseason doesn't predict how well you will do in thenregular season.

That's exactly what I meant but most posters on FH are acting like the sky is falling.

Usually these type of threads are used after teams win games in the preseason and the fan base is excited. The Fins won the game and this type of thread is being used to calm down the overreaction that occurs on a daily basis on this site and after that same preseason game. Kind of sad this type of thread needs to be made when you think about it.

I kinda like the bad press and fan reaction. I think it covers up alot of unkowns. We know Chad makes some boneheaded throws from time to time. That second pick was a disgrace. However, with no bush or marshall i find it kind of humurous since we just did not care about this practice on TV.

I would not get worked up, but then again, I hope we are ready with good O, special teams and defense for NE. All three.

Back
Top Bottom