Pretenders contenders in NHL playofffs | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pretenders contenders in NHL playofffs

wazzy said:
I hate Bettman! playoff hockey is suppose to be Canadian Hockey or even old style Hockey whichever one you want to call it. Bang up Griddiness with some hard hits if they make any type of BS calls and let this European junk style take over the playoffs I am going to be pissed!

get over it!! Leafs will never be good again

wazzy said:
I hate Bettman! playoff hockey is suppose to be Canadian Hockey or even old style Hockey whichever one you want to call it. Bang up Griddiness with some hard hits if they make any type of BS calls and let this European junk style take over the playoffs I am going to be pissed!

yea cause that was filling seats :rolleyes2

wazzy said:

So clutching and grabbing and barely watchable game is the hockey you would rather watch? Hockey will always sell in Canada just as Soccer will always sell in Europe but without the American audience the NHL was doomed. It's not like NHL teams are migrating to Canada either. I would watch hockey regardless but the NHL is not interested in the people who will always be fans they need to get new fans to the game. The NHL was kinda turning into soccer with absolutely no scoring and no opportunities because of the differences in talent and the haves and have nots. Clutching and grabbing because a team is far superior in skill is garbage hockey also.

Sens vs. Lightning

The Sens started the season like a house on fire and cruised from December onward. Everything looked great. They finally had the goaltending and grit to match the offensive skill and excellent, deep defense. All that sounds great, until Dom Hasek got hurt again.

The defending Stanley Cup champion Lightning can match up with the Sens as far as skill and scoring. That being said, their defense has been anything from mediocer to terrible all year and they have big issues in goal.

The Sens have enough to get by a weak defensive team. I don't see Ray Emery taking the team to the Finals though. If Dom Hasek can return and play at a decent level they can go far.

My pick: Sens in five.

Habs vs. 'Canes

The 'Canes have been on the top or near the top of the Eastern Standings all year. They play a run and gun, up tempo style that is great for the fans but not so great for playoff success. They can match up offensivly with anyone out there. Is Martin Gerber a playoff golatender?

The Habs go as far as Huet takes them. He's been on quite a roll (disregarding the last 5 games) and basically carried the Habs to the playoff with his incredible March and early April. The Canadiens are a smallish team though. They will wear down as the series goes on.

If Huet plays well and the Habs can get out of the series early they have a chance. I don't see it happening though. The 'Canes offense and skill will wear down the thin Canadiens' defense.

My pick: 'Canes in six.

Devils vs. Rangers

The Devils are rolling. Martin Broduer is the best player in the World and they have a top line that can scare the hell out of anyone. They can play system, defensive hockey that has been proven successful in the past. The way Broduer is going I can't see him losing 4 out of 7 games.

The Rangers have been a great story all year. A team that could'nt win a thing when they had a bottomless budget finally figures it out when they have a budget. Jagr looks like he loves the game again and he is surrounded by skillful, finesse players that feed his strengths. Henrik Lundqvist is the reason this teamis where they are though.

John Madden meet Jaromir Jagr. That promises to be the match up of the series with Madden in Jagr's hip pocket for every shift. Broduer wins this series.

My pick: Devils in seven.

Flyers vs. Sabres

The Sabres were a non factor before the season began. Budget slashing and little or no free agent movement meant this team would be a stale, non playoff team. Somewhere along the way Wade Miller's potential was realized and they became the best special teams unit in the NHL.

Same old Flyers. Lots of scoring, a physical defense and a team that can dominate you in every fascet of the game. They are also brittle (see Peter Forsberg) and have a goaltending contraversy. If they take penalties they are done.

This series will be won 5 vs. 5. If the Flyers take a bunch of penalties the Sabre powerplay (#2 in the NHL) will kill them. That being said, if Peter Forsberg is on form he can carry this team a long way. I think the Flyer goaltending will kill them...again.

My pick: Sabres in six.

I thought Aebischer was playing for the Habs???

I swore I saw that a couple days ago!

Wouldn't be suprised to see Huet though, he's the reason they're even in.

Crisis said:
I thought Aebischer was playing for the Habs???

I swore I saw that a couple days ago!

Wouldn't be suprised to see Huet though, he's the reason they're even in.

Gainey said yesterday that Huet will get the go for now...

Back
Top Bottom