Progression or Regression: Dolphins have one of the deepest QB units in the NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Progression or Regression: Dolphins have one of the deepest QB units in the NFL

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
How many teams in the NFL can boast that its roster possesses at least three quarterbacks who have started more than 10 regular season games?

Pardon me. That was one of those questions I ask knowing the answer.

Four teams can, and the Miami Dolphins are amongst them, joining the Vikings (if Brett Favre plays again), Pittsburgh and Oakland, which actually has four veteran starters in Jason Campbell, Charlie Frye, Kyle Boller and Bruce Gradkowski.

But enough envying of the Raiders (that hasn’t happened very often over the past decade) because the Dolphins have a pretty decent set of arms themselves.

Chad Pennington’s put together an accomplished 10-year career, and last I checked he’s still the NFL’s most accurate quarterback in league history. Tyler Thigpen flashed from time to time in his one season as Kansas City’s starter, and during his lone game as a Dolphins in the regular season finale against the Steelers. And it’s not all his fault he only won one games in his 11 NFL starts. Thigpen did throw 18 touchdowns that season for a lackluster Chiefs squad that hasn’t exactly gotten better without him.

How much can Henne improve this season?
And Chad Henne, the anointed starter for the 2010 Dolphins, showed plenty of promise last season while leading his squad to a 7-6 record in his 13 starts.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...sion-or-regression-dolphins-quarterbacks.html

Henne has the tools and potential to be a star QB in this league for years. Miami has finally found their QB.

Pennington is a solid back-up with pin point accuracy, he knows the game, and he mentors Henne.

Thigpen could be a starter for any team and he has the tools and speed to be a solid QB.

White has potential to be a Wildcat QB for us since he's not like a normal QB.

Yah we're fine at QB.

Back
Top Bottom