PTI/Around the Horn thinks Dolphins are front runners for Culpepper and Brees | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PTI/Around the Horn thinks Dolphins are front runners for Culpepper and Brees

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
On the only two shows with any credibility on ESPN (IMO). ARound the Horn and PTI both had topics including Drew Brees and Dante Culpepper. It says the front runners for Brees were the Fins and Cowboys and the Dolphins were also the leaders in the Clupepper race.

I would much rather see Brees, but Culpepper wouldnt be too bad if he could actully get in uniform and healthy next season. I really see Brees fitting here. He would have a good RB, athletic TE, (two things he has in SD) and somethin he didnt have, a big play WR.

Only great things will come if Brees ends up here. BREES MUST BE A DOLPHIN NEXT SEASON!!!

I agree, I'd love to get Drew in here.

But your title is just a tad misleading. PTI and Around the Horn are guys who speculate and talk about hypothetical situations. They know nothing at this point in time.

Logic tells us we'll be a frontrunner for Brees, but those two shows don't report concrete substance.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I agree, I'd love to get Drew in here.

But your title is just a tad misleading. PTI and Around the Horn are guys who speculate and talk about hypothetical situations. They know nothing at this point in time.

Logic tells us we'll be a frontrunner for Brees, but those two shows don't report concrete substance.

Sorry man, reading over it now, i can see how you would feel that way. Im not sure how i can change the name of the thread. Feel free mods. My apologies

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Sorry man, reading over it now, i can see how you would feel that way. Im not sure how i can change the name of the thread. Feel free mods. My apologies

It's no big deal. I was just letting you know.

One of the mods changed it, so it's all good. :up:

Any show with Woody Paige and the word credible should not be together.

Dallas could really compete for Brees.

I don't know if he grew up a Cowboys fan. But Drew is from Texas (Austin). Guys like to play close to home.

But I still think that, aside from the Texas factor, Dallas has nothing on us. Parcells is hinting at retirement again. There's nothing of that sort in Miami. Plus we've got better skill players on offense. And there's nobody even of Drew Bledsoe's caliber here to worry about.

He's going to be a Dolphin.

I am not too convinced that the Bolts are letting him go but if they do I think he has a very good chance to be a Dolphin and lead us to the playoffs.

Aqua4Ever04 said:

Knowing the shows, the thread didn't bother me, but the key here is speculation by the panels and guys..the thing is that we are the most desperate team that must upgrade the QB position and can't wait for the draft to do it. We don't pick high enough and don't have much bargaining power for a trade up to get one of the big 3 QBs. Saban won't go into the draft without an upgrade of some sort at the position...and now there is speculation that Gus is fussing over his contract, which slays me, I can't figure out what he sees in himself...but I digress....so sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures...this is not a comparison to what Wannspiel did in getting AJ. That was an act of men desperate to keep their jobs, not men thinking of the best for the organization...

Anyways...honestly, name me one QB that has/is/will be available that won't be linked to us until the situation changes here ???

CrunchTime said:
I am not too convinced that the Bolts are letting him go but if they do I think he has a very good chance to be a Dolphin and lead us to the playoffs.

I think they would have re-signed him by now.. FA is only a few days away and I doubt Brees would be happy about being dangled along like that.

Like you said though: If Miami wants him Miami is going to get him and there's no doubt about it.

:tantrum: Culpepper Is Damaged Goods, Wont Be Able To Play Til October According To Different Sources, We All Know If They Say October He Wont Be 100% Till At Least December Or More.
Brees Is Our Man, Keeping Fingers Crossed!

We are one of the few teams who need a QB and have the $$ to give him market value...I would MUCH rather have Bree's than CUlpepper for numerous reasons. Hopefully we sign Bree's a few days into FA, so we can concentrate on the draft etc.

If you were a QB and you could be rich either way..but could play for a winner in miami under the sun...or a loser under a dome....IMO Detroit would have to offer him an ungodly amount for him to turn down the fins.

I'm not picky. Either one would be a huge upgrade over Frerotte. Pepper or Bress running our offense will have the rest of the AFC East sweatin' like a hooker in church.

Back
Top Bottom