Put up or Shut up! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Put up or Shut up!

TheBostonBomber

Practice Squad
Reaction score
In all of my fellow dolfans OPINIONS who will be leading us deep into the playoffs this year?? FEELEY or FIEDLER

Also, what do u think d-bo will bring to the table?? Will he be a total bust, ok, or amazing?

Lets try and not base anything on what either has done so far in mini-camps rather just what are gut is telling us.

I of course believe that feeley will step up and deliver a solid performance this season. In addition, I am confidant that boston will return to his pro bowl form.....maybe not with numbers but with production.

I think....

Feeley will take over when Jay gets injured and that will be the end of Jay's starting job.

David Boston, will catch 60 passes and be a complimentary WR to CC, which is all we need. Yes, there will be drama with him but, his talent will be there too.

And just in case you meant David Bowens, I think him and Jay Williams will take the form of Brommel and Mixon.

Feeley is going to be our QB. These observations that Feeley and Boston aren't getting it done are absolutely, positively ridiculous. It's the FIRST MINI CAMP. I think Boston will be fine, I forsee him opening it up for CC and RW. He will be an excellent number 2 who will make big plays during the year. Our line will be average, but good enough to do damage. I think the story this year will be our defense. This is the year all the boys on D put it together and become TRULY great. The additions of Poole and Howard will make a huge difference, especially against N.E.

Look for Jenkins to contribute, Bell to emerge at safety, and for Thompson to rebound and be a solid number 3 WR.

Feeley will be 2nd string at start of season and that's a stone cold lock!! DB will be in form but I dont think he'll be the factor he was in Zona that year.RW will top 1,800 yds GO RICKY GO!!!!!

Feeley will start by the second game no injury needed. I think in all likilhood he will start day one. Boston will be satisfactory #2. Not back in his 1600+ yards for many reasons. 1) He will still be too big and inflexible around 230. 2) He wont see enough of the ball with CC and RW getting it more. But he may have 7-800 yards. By the way why cant he block?? I hear is not not very good. But he has TE size. HUH????? I see the team going to the AFC championship game (NE is on a down swing year as they seam to be great every other) and loosing to Tenn or Ind.

{We have to base the QB position on what we've seen thus far. There really is no other way IMO.}

Honestly, right now with the way Fiedler looks, there is no chance of AJ Feeley starting in Miami in 2004. Jay is looking much crisper, and very in tune. On the other hand, as we all know, AJ has struggled some.

Unless Feeley makes a giant transformation, charging for the starting spot and CLEARLY beating out Fiedler, he has no chance of winning this competition in 2004.

Jay has just been way too solid thus far. He's looking better than he ever has IMO. He looks stronger, and a bit more accurate. Having B. Boston and a new look OL should help his cause tremendously....

I'm happy with Jay. He's the safe, smart choice. AJ Feeley still has some growing pains to go through IMO. In 2005, he'll be gunning stronger than ever.

As for WR D. Boston, I don't know what to say. This is just the way hye is, and has always been. He's a lazy practice player. On Sundays is when he comes out to play. I'm sure he'll be a major hlep this year in keeping defenders off of the LOS.

In his worst season he had 7 TD's, and conisidering DT had ZERO in 2003, I'm not worried about him not contributing. He'll do enough to give the Phinz offense the needed boost....

PHINZ RULE!!! :eek:

I think Feeley and Boston will be fine. Feeley will end up starting and Boston will have a great year. I don't get worried when I read about someone not doing well in Mini camps. I may get a little worried when I hear them not doing well in training camp. But I think both guys will be solid by the time the first game rolls around. When the pads are on and the whistle blows, both of those guys have turned it up a notch. That's when it matters.
All this talk in Mini camp is such BS. I mean there was a time not to long ago when we didn't even know what the hell was going this time of year. I miss those days. Now it's news when a guy breaks wind while stretching during QB camp....

I always heard that Boston was beast when it came to downfield blocking.

TheBostonBomber said:
In all of my fellow dolfans OPINIONS who will be leading us deep into the playoffs this year?? FEELEY or FIEDLER

I think whoever wins the job will be a part of this team which hopefully travels to the super bowl as a participant.

Feeley has no chance to beat Fiedler in a system he's been in for 4 yrs.I knew if they kept Jay around he would start cause that means they think Feeley is a chance in which I also feel.They could have gotten a way better replacement than Feeley and once again they faltered.

Its my strong belief that Jay will be the starter, he has had games where he has looked great(Dallas), but was inconsistant at times. With the pressure from Feeley he will have to keep his game up, that being said I see this being Feeley's team by mid-season. Boston wont see the ball enough to get to the 1600 yard mark but , I see him in the 900-1100 yard range. CC should have a break out year due to seeing at times the second best corner on a team, Thompson will be a good #3 IMO if not Minnis is waiting in the wings. RW will have a great year I dont see him in the 1800 range, but I see him in the 1500-1700 yard range with fewer carries. All in all if we find the type of offense that can distribute the ball to all of these guys we will have a monster year offensively. On defense we are as deep at corner as any team in the league, we are returning almost every player, and we werent that bad last year...lol. If the OL plays up to their potential the sky is the limit!!

My gut tells me that Feeley will be a starter and the Boston project will start to grow legs around the first quarter of the regular season.
I just don't believe he is anything special anymore until he proves it.

finregime said:
Feeley will be 2nd string at start of season and that's a stone cold lock!! DB will be in form but I dont think he'll be the factor he was in Zona that year.RW will top 1,800 yds GO RICKY GO!!!!!

STONE COLD LOCK ?? :roflmao:

I think you are leaving Sage out of the picture too early. Although I agree there is no way under the sun AJ will win the starting position, to say he is a lock to win the #2 job is just plain crazy. Sage is better than Detmer and AJ couldn't beat him out, what makes you think he will beat Sage??
I think it would be easier to say it is a stone cold lock that AJ is not even on the roster come opening day. AJ really does suck and always has. Couldn't even start for his college team. Barely made the starting position for his powder puff HS team. Only made it then b/c they said he looked good in a skirt. :lol:

As far as a backup pushing for his job wasnt Griese pushing last year and it still didnt keep the chump from screwing up? I have this to report we have not upgraded our QB position,we just paid alot of $$$ for our backup! Mark my words our QB situation will destroy our season to the point that ol' Sage could end up at the helm.I'll cheer for Sage over Feeley.

As far as the Griese thing goes he was cheap, and a shot in the dark. Nobody expected him to be the savior(unlike Feeley according to WH). Griese was a player that couldnt get it done on a good team in Denver, unlike Feeley who really hasnt had a shot. When he did have a shot he performed fairly well on a team whose offensive talent other than OL is dwarfed by Miami's.

Back
Top Bottom