Pyper's Playoff Predictions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pyper's Playoff Predictions

PYPER said:
Hmmm....Interesting viewpoint even if it is completely void of facts.
1) I am a fan. I am a fan who sometimes writes. I don't even know what an analyst with an inside view is. Is that someone like Pete Prisco at CBS Sportsline.com? Just because someone gets a job that pays them a salary for writing for a newspaper or website hardly qualifies their opinions as superior.

What I am is an intelligent human being with a passion for football and an interest in sharing my opinions. I'm even arrogant enough to believe that message boards like this one were meant for people like me.

2)You said that I picked the Patriots to go 17-0. Actually I didn't make any picks this season. I wrote a column last season for patsfans.com but couldn't find the time in my schedule to do it again.

Also if I had picked the Patriots to go undefeated, I'd would have been correct in 14 of 16 games or if we're talking about last year, 17 of 19 games. As far as prognosticating goes, I believe that to be a pretty good winning percentage.

Gee....Maybe CBS Sportsline should pay me a salary after all.
:rolleyes:

"What I am is an intelligent human being with a passion for football and an interest in sharing my opinions."

Oh for sure you are picking the Seahawks in the Super Bowl is very intelligent!!!

Put some money on it...crackhead!!!

Steelers vs Eagles in the SuperB.
Steelers have the best defence in the NFL. And we all know that defence
wins Super Bowls. Ha!

Rams over Seahawks
Chargers over Jets
Colts over Broncos
Packers over Vikings

Eagles over Rams
Steelers over Chargers
Colts over Patriots
Packers over Falcons

Colts over Steelers
Eagles over Packers

Eagles over Colts!

NOTE: My original picks have been altered due to a mistake I made regarding the NFC seeding. I had Seattle matched up with Atlanta and Green Bay with Philly. Those 2nd round mathups are impossible so I have made changes to my NFC picks to fix the problem. Sorry for the carelessness.

WILD CARD WEEKEND:

Rams at Seahawks:
Nobody knows what either of these teams will from one week to the next. The Rams seem to be the popular pick as they seem to be playing better lately. I'm bucking the trend and telling you that the Seahawks will win this game. Hasselback and Alexander will roll and the Seattle defense will force at least 3 turnovers as Seattle rolls to a victory that is not as close as the score indicates.
Seahawks 38 - Rams 27

Vikings at Packers:
I don't have a strong feel for this game and I originally picked Green Bay but after many hours smoking from my Magic Pipe I've decided to change this pick. The Vikings with a determined Randy Moss will beat the Packers. Coach Tice is taking a lot of abuse and I'm counting on the Vikings players to put their best effort in this game. Randy Moss will elevat his game to a new level and Green Bay will have no answer. The Packers will stage a late comeback but it will be too little too late.
Vikings 31 - Packers 24

Jets @ Chargers:
Penny needs to take a seat. He's hurting this team by playing hurt. He can't make the throws and without an effective passing game the Jets are going to get blown out in this one. Sorry guys but you may want to find something else to do on Saturday Night. Watching this game won't be much fun for you. The Chargers defense is going to be suffocating and Tomlinson is going to have a field day leaving little doubt who the NFL's best running back really is.
Chargers 41 - Jets 6

Broncos @ Colts:
The Broncos are going to be much more competitive than people expect. I expect a game very similar to the Colts/Chargers game a few weeks ago. The Broncos will mix up their running and passing game effectively and will have a double digit (10-14 pts) lead entering the 4th quarter. Something like 27-14. The Colts will rally to take a late 31-30 lead and then Plummer will fail to bring Denver back and the Colts will capitalize by adding another late TD to put the game away.
Colts 38 - Broncos 30

DIVISIONAL ROUND:

Seahawks at Falcons:
This is a week 17 rematch between two of the NFL's most inconsistent teams. The Falcons benched many of their starters the last two weeks of the regular season and will discover that momentum is more important than they realized. The Seahawks will pull off the upset and beat Atlanta for the 2nd time in three weeks.
Seahawks 28 - Falcons 16

Vikings at Eagles:
I really don't like the Eagles in these playoffs. They wasted an opportunity to adjust to life without TO by sitting their starters the past two weeks. As a result they got blown out in both of those games, killing their momentum, and they still haven't developed any rythem on the offensive side of the ball minus TO. The problem is that by picking them to lose, I have to pick the Vikings to win. It's one thing to pick the Vikings once, but twice??? Minnesota should have success running the ball against Philly's weak run defense and once that is established the passing game will open up. I'm taking the Vikings. Philadelphia's bid for 4 straight NFC Championship Game appearances will be denied.
Vikings 31 - Eagles 19

Colts at Patriots:
The Colts may get all the pregame hype but the story that unfolds on the field will be quite different. Tom Brady and the New England offense will score pts on every first half possession and the New England defense will do enough as the Patriots will keep Manning and the Colts winless in Foxboro.
Patriots 38 - Colts 24

Chargers at Steelers:
The Divisional Round will prove to be Upset Weekend as the Chargers SHOCK the Steelers at Heinz Field. Big Ben will get a rude awakening as the San Diego defense nullifies the Pittsburgh running game. It's deja vue 1994.
Chargers 17 - Steelers 13

This Steelers loss will deny both the Patriots a shot for revenge and millions of football fans everywhere the marquee matchup they all wanted to see.

Interesting Drama: Despite the loss in the biggest game of their season, the Steelers "official" winning streak will be alive and well at 14 games and when they win their first five games of 2005 they will be the owners of the NFL's longest (official) winning streak. This will set the stage for Patriots/Steelers becoming the league's premier rivalry.

Interesting Drama Part II: Even if/when the Patriots win the Super Bowl, the Steelers will claim to be the better team and insist that their week 7 victory over the injury depleted Patriots proves it.

Conference Championship Games:

Vikings at Seahawks
With victories at Green Bay and Philadelphia the 8-8 Vikings will become the trendy pick in this matchup. All over the country sports show hosts will debate whether it would be a good thing for an 8-8 team to make the Super Bowl. Meanwhile Seattle will get much less air time but on gameday they will be the better team. Defense will be at a premium as neither team will have much success stopping the other. The Seahawks will outlast the Vikings in a very entertaining game.
Seahawks 34 - Vikings 31

Chargers at Patriots
Destiny's collide as the Cinderella Chargers take on the defending champion Patriots. The Chargers put up a good fight but in the end the Patriots are simply too good and too determined to be denied.
Patriots 20 - Chargers 13

SUPER BOWL XXXIX

PATRIOTS VS SEAHAWKS
It's Bill Belichick vs Mike Holmgren. For Belichick it's his 6th Super Bowl and 3rd as a head coach. Of the 5 others, he's won four of them. The only Super Bowl he's ever been on the losing side was in '96-'97 against Mike Holmgren's Green Bay Packers team. For Holmgren this will be his 3rd Super Bowl appearance. He's 1-1 in his two other games.

That's as far as history goes though. Once the game starts there will be little doubt which coach and team is superior. The Patriots will dominate the Seahawks in every facet of the game as the Seahawks revert to their pre-playoff inconsistent selves. The result will be the first shutout in Super Bowl history as the Patriots claim their 3rd Super Bowl Championship in four seasons and cement that status as the NFL's next (last?) DYNASTY.
Patriots 31 - Seahawks 0

Those are my picks and I'm sticking to them.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

A real swami here!

Jets @ Chargers:
Penny needs to take a seat. He's hurting this team by playing hurt. He can't make the throws and without an effective passing game the Jets are going to get blown out in this one. Sorry guys but you may want to find something else to do on Saturday Night. Watching this game won't be much fun for you. The Chargers defense is going to be suffocating and Tomlinson is going to have a field day leaving little doubt who the NFL's best running back really is.
Chargers 41 - Jets 6

Damn bro, you were so on with that one! LOL

His NFC Champions are done after the wild card. :lol2:

Back
Top Bottom