Q&A With Dolphins Running Back Travis Minor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Q&A With Dolphins Running Back Travis Minor

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Q&A With Dolphins Running Back Travis Minor

Q: How do you keep yourself from feeling extra pressure to try to produce in the same way that Williams did?

A: First of all, I know that I'm not Ricky Williams. Nobody else is Ricky Williams. That's not a goal for me to go out there and do like he did, but at the same time I want to go out there and be the best player that I can be and help my team win. That's what it’s all about.

Truth be told. I think I'm more excited about this season now that Ricky is gone. This whole ordeal is really opening my eyes to the other players on this team.

GO PHINS!!!

Now that Ricky's gone we might actually see some passing yardage, which is so much more exciting than Norv Turner pouning the ball up the middle 3 times then punting on 4th & 3!

im getting pretty confident in Travis Minor now, im sure he'll do fine.

we wnt to the playoffs 2 years in a row without ricky and a much less talented team, so i predict we make the plyoffs again without ricky and guess what are team has better players then 2 years ago: just to name a few:
BOSTON
KNIGHT
SEAU
MCMIKE
HOWARD
WALE
HELL CHESTER IS BETTER THAN GARDENER!

and for all u fiedler haters: JAY GOT AS THERE AS WELL!

jphandal said:
we wnt to the playoffs 2 years in a row without ricky and a much less talented team,
that doesn't really mean anything. The rest of the AFCE teams have gotten better compared to those year. The Pats are sb champs, the bills are over the Rob Johnson/Flutie/Van Pelt era, The Jets...well....er....uhm.... well they no longer have.......can someone help me out here?

Justa, I wouldn't talk about the Bills yet,just because you change the coach it does not mean they'll be better.
Last year the Bills were bad

fin13 said:
Justa, I wouldn't talk about the Bills yet,just because you change the coach it does not mean they'll be better.
Last year the Bills were bad
I agree. We have a new coach and so do you. You also have a new qb/OL. In other words you have a new team on the offensive side of the ball that practically has nothing to do w/ what the fins did when they went to the playoffs without RW. Teams have changed, including the fins is what my point is all about.

The only way you think the fins will make playoffs is if only the fins got better by losing the best player on the team? I don't think that the fins are pushovers anyways. On paper, they got weaker without RW. Until they hit the field, I still say the fins should be favored to finish 2nd in the AFCE.

That's like saying, if we lost Henry who's had 2 season of over 1300 rush yds. we will make the playoffs after all we made it without him with Flutie/Rob Johnson in the past.

Please, I am not trying to smack.

I agree with T Minor

Q: Do you think the Dolphins can go to the playoffs with you as the starting running back?

A: We definitely can go to the playoffs. We have a great team. Of course, we lost a great player that you can’t replace with one person. I look at it, we’re a great team, not just the fact that I’m going to be a guy that’s going to be back there getting some work, but at the same time there are a lot of other great players on that team and we just have to come together as a team, and everybody’s going to have to shoulder the load.
:yes:

I feel somewhat relieved actually. I have hated it the past two years to have all of these expectations and have come up short. This year after adding Boston and feeley it was even worse. I feel that we are the underdogs now and I kind of like that feeling. I have always been one to root for the underdogs. I have a lot of friends also who are Bills and Pats fans and I have gotten tired of hearing about how we re paper champs and it gives them even more of a reason to rub it in. I think we are gonna be competative still however. These people who are predicting 4-12 seasons are out of touch. Maybe this is what our team needed to pull it together and try and prove people wrong that we are just a one person team with Ricky. I also look at this as a great opportunity for us to open up the offense and let Chambers, Feeley, and Mcmichaels mature into the players they can be and to let Boston return to being the player he was. Ricky Williams was my favorite player and he will be missed by me, but at the same time i am excited about the future. Also in my eyes, I think we are as good talent wise if not better than the Pats offense was last year. i would take Minor any day over smith and faulk. I also think Chamber, Boston, Thompson, and Mcmichaels is better than anything that the Pats had catching the ball last year. Brady is a good qb, but not incredible. He is a product of the system that he plays in. I think skill wise Felley can be just as good. Our O-line is suspect, but we do have some good prospects on it and I am not gonna count them out yet. Defensively I fell we are right there with them too. We need to sign Ogun and hopefully now we will be able to with the extra money. It just comes down to coaching after that. This as everyone knows is an area of concern. Dave wouldn't be my first choice for coach, but he isn't the worst choice either. he is no Bill Bellicheck (spelling?) thats for sure. We have added some good assistants though in Trestman and Sullivan. I feel with a little bit of luck (which the pats had last year) we could be at the top of the afc east come playoff time. If not I wont be as upset and heartbroken as I was the last two years however. Thats a good feeling atleast..lol

agree completely, our D is better than last year if we ogun

I have always thought that Minor deserved more of a chance and with a guy like Ricky he didn't really get a chance. While he is still unproven with people saying he won't be able to carry it 400 times we don't know exactly how durable he is but i am exited. I also am exited that if you look at his size he is comparable to portis, faulk, martin, etc all these guys are good backs and they carry the load why can't minor?

Justasportsfan said:
I agree. We have a new coach and so do you. You also have a new qb/OL. In other words you have a new team on the offensive side of the ball that practically has nothing to do w/ what the fins did when they went to the playoffs without RW. Teams have changed, including the fins is what my point is all about.

The only way you think the fins will make playoffs is if only the fins got better by losing the best player on the team? I don't think that the fins are pushovers anyways. On paper, they got weaker without RW. Until they hit the field, I still say the fins should be favored to finish 2nd in the AFCE.

That's like saying, if we lost Henry who's had 2 season of over 1300 rush yds. we will make the playoffs after all we made it without him with Flutie/Rob Johnson in the past.

Please, I am not trying to smack.

Good post. I like some others do believe that with a little seasoning we could be a better team. I think if we can stay at or above .500 the first half of the season, we have a decent chance at the playoffs. I could tell that wasn't smack. If it was, it was weak> JK

Jesusfreak26 I totally agree with you. I believe Travis Minor will be a major factor in the offense. He is built in the same mold as Marshall Faulk. He has shown whenever he is in the game he contributes. I hope he gets his chance to make us say " Who's Ricky?"

Back
Top Bottom