qb from arizona state? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

qb from arizona state?

mdfinsfan44

Practice Squad
Reaction score
did he have his pro day yet, i thought he was hurt . he is a big kid with a decent arm. he has been below the radar.does anyone have info. on him?

mdfinsfan44 said:
did he have his pro day yet, i thought he was hurt . he is a big kid with a decent arm. he has been below the radar.does anyone have info. on him?
yeah... his name is andrew walter :D

Im in Pac-10 country here in Oregon and watched him play throughout his career. He has a pretty strong arm, pocket passer, great accuracy and didn't have the wr's he had last year. That hurt his production this year. Dudeman said he is " a young Drew Bledsoe, nothing more, nothing less." I think that was not meant as a compliment, even though the young Drew Bledsoe was pretty amazing. Anyone remember those duels with Marino? That being said, Walter will make some team pretty happy in a year or two. I think he and the qb from Connecticut have the best chance of the second tier qb's to surprise and become very good pro's.

wouldn't he have been taken pretty high last year if he would have came out be he sustained some kind of injury and that dropped his draft status it may be somebody else i'm thinking about but i think it's him and if so i'd take a chance with him especially if he's available in the third everybody wants to take wilkerson from LSU at C but our line looks pretty stacked and we could cut Sage because he'll probably never get a shot anyway

Walter has the potential to be very good to great, but there is a bigger bust factor as well. The question is was it the drop off in talent that hurt him or is he not good enough without superior talent around him? Plus he is immobile, not running, but a pocket passer, he is stationary. I think he has alot of potential but needs to sit for a year or two and then he will be good. If he last til teh third or fourth it would be a good pickup.

I said at the ver end of our season that we should take a long look at him. I would love Brown in the 1st, Walter in the 3rd, and a Saftey in the 4th.

Walters broke a lot of John Elways passing records in the PAC-10. A young Bledsoe is an accurate description of Walters. He can make all the throws. Last year he had 1/2 dozen 400 yard passing games with not a lot of talent around him. I would love to have him in the third round.

Walters broke a lot of John Elways passing records in the PAC-10. A young Bledsoe is an accurate description of Walters. He can make all the throws. Last year he had 1/2 dozen 400 yard passing games with not a lot of talent around him. I would love to have him in the third round.

If he has no pocket awareness whatsoever, then yes he's another Drew Bledsoe. If he actually has decent pocket awareness, no he is not another Bledsoe. He got sacked 33 times last year, once every 14 dropbacks. In 2003 he got sacked 18 times, once every 24 dropbacks. Is that Bledsoe-like? No. Could it be in the pros? Maybe...

Dudeman said:
he is a young Drew Blesdsoe, nothing more, nothing less

No way is he as highly regarded as Drew Bledsoe was coming out of college! If he can produce what Drew did in the NFL I would love to have him in a Dolphins uniform.

Back
Top Bottom