QB's since Marino | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB's since Marino

chillwill3000

True Phinfan
Reaction score
In your opinion, of all the guys that have quarterbacked the Phins since Marino retired, who did the best job/worst job?

Jay Fiedler (2000-2004): Went 36-23 as a starter, including 21-10 during the 2000 and 2001 seasons.
Damon Huard (2000): Won his lone start in the 2000 season, replacing an injured Fiedler.
Ray Lucas (2002): Went 2-4 in replacing Fiedler for a stretch of the 2002 campaign.
Brian Griese (2003): 3-2 record in five starts, while Fiedler went 7-4 in the other 11 games.
A.J. Feeley (2004): 3-5 record in eight games as Dolphins finished 4-12 overall.
Sage Rosenfels (2004-2005): Started one game in each of those years, losing both.
Gus Frerotte (2005): Went 9-6 to highlight Nick Saban's first season as Dolphins coach.
Daunte Culpepper (2006): Went 1-3 before Dolphins shut him down for season with knee problems.
Joey Harrington (2006): Replaced Culpepper, going 5-6 in 11 games.
Cleo Lemon (2006): Lost his lone start, the season finale at Indianapolis.
Trent Green (2007):
John Beck(2007):

i would of like to to see Gus or Joey last year, both were gamers!we could have 4 or 5 games with either one

Best: Fiedler

Worst: Lucas

... but, that's starters ...

as for relief: gimme Sage (I'll never forget the comeback vs. Buffalo)

Best was Jay and Gus, and you have to wonder what would have happened if Gus got more oportunity.

Worst was easily Ray Lucas.

Fiedler was definitely the best, Hard to say about the worst because most of these people never got a reasonable chance to prove themselves and/or they were placed in an exceptionally poor situation. From a pure statistics standpoint Trent, Cleo and John, have all probably done the worst as far W-L record but it's also not fair to say that given this years O line, among numerous other things were all well aware of.

QB's since Marino

Oxymoron?

Seriously, as bad a rap as Feidler got (me included) he was the best we've had.

Back
Top Bottom