Quarterback Feeley Solving Numbers Game (latest Herald article)... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarterback Feeley Solving Numbers Game (latest Herald article)...

Disnardo

Premium Member
Reaction score
I figured I would post snippets from this article that’s in today’s Herald, which I have not seen posted yet...

The link to the full article:

Jason Cole Article

A.J. Feeley is having trouble following the Dolphins' numbers-based offensive system but showed signs of progress in this week's quarterback school.

There are still moments when the numbers don't equate to the words and vice versa in quarterback A.J. Feeley's head.

But at least those moments are becoming fewer.

''Today we called a play and he's trying to translate that this play was what in the Philadelphia offense. Until you get that down and it's second nature, you're not going to be as crisp as you need to be,'' Wannstedt said.

All true, but signs of progress were there. On Wednesday, for instance, Feeley looked sharp when the Dolphins worked on their passing offense inside the 20-yard line.

On one play, he hit wide receiver Chris Chambers on a seam route just as Chambers broke into the clear.

Later, Feeley zipped another pass through coverage to Chambers in the back of the end zone, beating the first-team defense in the process.

I guess its the optimistic in me... ;)

Thanks for posting the article. It sounds promising. I wonder when we'll start to hear from the coaches about who will get the starting job...

Good read. Way to early yet IMO to even think they are close to a decision on who will start. I honestly look for it to go into the pre-season games.

The decision will most definately hinge on preseason and how well Feeley and Fiedler do. I have a slight feeling that Fiedler will start us out in the beginning on the regular season but once he starts floundering then he'll be pulled for my boy Feeley.

:shout: :fatman:
Wanny yellin at Wade Smith. Hehe, got bored.

If Fiedler is taking snaps in September, then the question on eeryone's mind is why a second round pick for this uncertain gem. A second rounder could of easily got us more offensive linemen if Fiedler is starter. A.J. will hopefully start near Septembers opener

I don't want fiedler playing but i am not going to cut off my nose to spite my face- if he is better, then he is better - sucks that we wasted a pick - but it is a chance we took to get better, this stuff happens

bottom line is that even if we had picked up eli manning...fiedler would be better than him for a short time in the beginning......fiedler has how many years with our system vs how many years that feeley has........I TOO WISH FEELEY WAS CRUSHING FIEDLER....from the get go.....but we have to give him a chance to learn and get comfortable with our system..........and if fiedler gets better because of the new coaching and the higher competition.......doesn't that make the offensive TEAM better?......keep pushing......keep working......keep competing......and keep getting better........my fingers are crossed for the offensive line......i want them to have a nasty attitude and beat on some people....and I want the defensive lilne to be SAVAGES and just tear other offensive teams up!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I am concerned it's going to take Feeley a year to get situated in the new offense. So Fiedler will probably be our starter this year as long as he is healthy. I'm looking at a scenario where Feeley takes over in 2005 season and Fiedler finally gets the axe.

FinzManiac said:
As far as I am concerned it's going to take Feeley a year to get situated in the new offense. So Fiedler will probably be our starter this year as long as he is healthy. I'm looking at a scenario where Feeley takes over in 2005 season and Fiedler finally gets the axe.

Well, remember Jay got Norv's system down in it's first year, so the possibility exist that Feeley can do the same thing..

Back
Top Bottom