Question about Feeley??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question about Feeley???

Ohiophinphan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I keep reading people talking about Feeley as the third string QB behind Koy Detmer. But was he really?

Wasn't Detmer the holder for placements with the Eagles? That means he had to be the second stringer and Feeley had to be the "emergency" QB. But when Feeley was signed I remember reading that had Cunningham gone down Feeley would have jumped over Detmer for field time as the QB.

Can anyone confirm/refute this??

All the Eagles fans I know claim that if McNabb went down for an extended stretch of time that Feeley would be the starter but if it was just for the rest of the game that Detmer would play because he is the holder. WharfRat and Muck explained in a previous thread that if your third string QB goes in (Feeley) then the starting QB (McNabb) could not go back in if he could still play whereas Detmer could go back to the bench. So essentially he was their backup QB if something serious happened to McNabb.

That's what I thought. Thanks, sorry I missed the earlier threads by WharfRat and Muck.

Being a back-up behind Cunningham is a lot differant than being the back-up behind Detmer.

:roflmao: Oops, sorry, I'm old and sometimes it shows more than others. I meant Norm Snead of course. :goof:

The Only Reason Detmer Was Second String Is Cause He Is A Better Holder Than Feeley.philly Already Said That If Mcnabb Got Hurt And They Had To Come From Behind Feeley Would Get The Nod.i Really Think Feeley Will Surprise Alot Of People I Watched Him Play Against Tampa Here A Couple Of Years Ago And This Guy Can Ball Very Strong Arm And Very Accurate.

Back
Top Bottom