Question for all the "give cowher whatever he wants" people | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question for all the "give cowher whatever he wants" people

Crzynick25

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I have always have always had a ton of respect for Bill Cowher both as a coach and now as an analyst, but i just want to ask all the people that are yelling for us to give in to all his demands and give him the money he wants and are excepting he is going to be our savior.

Do you know how many years it took for him to win his one and only super bowl?

The Answer is 13 years, and that was with some pretty damn good football teams.

So in 3 years if we still haven't won a super bowl are all of the people that were screaming to give him whatever he wants going to be willing to be patient or are you going to be calling for his head too?

I am not a Cowher advocate nor a hater, but I would guarantee that Cowher wouldn't lead back-to-back uninspiring losing seasons. Though a Super Bowl championship may not be immediately on par, playoffs and contention would be.

Depends upon whether Cohwer would rip the team apart or keep most of the players. If we would be hardcore rebuilding then i would give him a few years to do so. He has shown us that he can at least get a team to the promised land.

Winning a Championship is not about just the coach, it is about the organization as a whole, you need structure from top-to-bottom and most importantly in your front office, yea it took Cowher 13 years but he led them to 2 super bowl appearances and he also compiled a 149-90-1 record with the steelers, he wants to bring Kevin Colbert with him who is currently the GM for the Steelers and has been since 2002 and the steelers consistently draft well and build teams that compete every year, those guys would bring structure to this franchise and we would compete every year I guarantee it!

Do you know how many years Cowher was coaching before he had back-to-back losing seasons? 8...Sparano did it in 3.

Do you know Cowher made his first super bowl appearance after just 4 years? He lost to the Cowboys dynasty in 1995.

I'd be fine bringing in Cowher if he comes with a real GM. I have no problem with Cowher the coach. I don't, though, give any coach full control. I don't care if it's Bill Walsh's ghost.

Do you know how many years Cowher was coaching before he had back-to-back losing seasons? 8...Sparano did it in 3.

Do you know Cowher made his first super bowl appearance after just 4 years? He lost to the Cowboys dynasty in 1995.
Yeah but he also already had Neil O'donnell, Greg Lloyd, Rod Woodson and Barry Foster who had 1,690 yards rushing

Winning a Championship is not about just the coach, it is about the organization as a whole, you need structure from top-to-bottom and most importantly in your front office, yea it took Cowher 13 years but he led them to 2 super bowl appearances and he also compiled a 149-90-1 record with the steelers, he wants to bring Kevin Colbert with him who is currently the GM for the Steelers and has been since 2002 and the steelers consistently draft well and build teams that compete every year, those guys would bring structure to this franchise and we would compete every year I guarantee it!

Colbert isn't leaving the Steelers where he calls the shots to be Cowher's lackey. Keep this in mind about Cowher, his game was about passion and intensity. His wife recently passed away after a battle with cancer, do you really think this guy still has the fire? He's older, he's been out of the game for four-years, and now he's suffered loss. I remember what happened to Jimmy Johnson after his mother passed, he became a completely different person. His pilot light went out. He didn't care anymore or he had new priorities in life. To think Cowher is going to bring his most important attribute at the levels he must bring it now, is wishful thinking, not smart, methodical thinking.

Back
Top Bottom