Quick Bite Miami Mock with.....Explainations? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quick Bite Miami Mock with.....Explainations?

MiamiDolfan85

DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY
Reaction score
1.)David Njoku, TE out of Miami(6'4",248)
-If Cunningham is off the board, gotta think Njoku would be bpa and fits a need. Even with Howard on the board, Njoku would compliment Jarvis ridiculously well.Not the biggest but just adds a dynamic dimension to the offense.

2.)Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE out of Villanova(6'6",285)
-11 sacks and 21.5 tackles for loss. Very solid player to place along Suh, Wake and the boys.

3.)Elijah Lee, OLB out of Kansas St.(6'3",230)
-Tackling machine all day long. Enough juice to play 3 downs, and a great run stopper. Should be an instant plug and play with this roster.

5.)K.D Cannon, WR out of Baylor
-Get Landry off returns and offers deep-threat potential we need.

5.)Xavier Woods, S out of Louisianna Tech(6'1",203)
-Safety depths been nagging us for as long as I can remember.

5.)Jeremy Cutrer, CB out of Middle Tennessee St.(6'1",170)
-Good instincts, has to finish tackles better and clean up his footwork/technique.

6.)Kareem Are, RG out of Florida St.(6'6",335)
-Dalvin Cook ran well behing him when healthy. Worth a selection to see if theres more.

7.)Calvin Munson, OLB out of San Diego St.(6'1",245)
-More Lb depth

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see any possible way we take an offensive player @22. If we don't draft a LB or DE in rd 1, Ross better have good insurance because I'm burning that stadium down.

People who don't realize how important a TE is are failing to understand their impact. They help sustain drives, which we suck at, and they score TD's in the red zone, which we are average at.... So if we drastically improve our team with an offensive selection at TE who makes us better and he's the best player available then you jump for a playmaker!

We all know we need talent on defense, but let's not forget we didn't set the world on fire with our offense! Also, keep in mind, the best teams and last 4 teams in the playoffs this year all had great offenses and mediocre defenses.

Sign me up for the best talent regardless of position bias....Obviously our gaping holes on defense must be addressed, but I'd hate to reach for need and fail like we've done forever vice getting the best impact player available.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sims seems to do just fine for us. Our first pick needs to be defense desperately.

I've been trying to find some game footage for Elija Lee, but I'll probably have to resort to 30-minute games or Jordan Willis cut ups. I've only seen enough to say that I like the way he moves on the field.

I don't think Njoku is a 1st. Howard is more polished

Watching Elijah Lee against Stanford, he's good. His movement reminds me of Anthony Walker in 2015 - very light on his feet. He looks like Kam Chancellor on the field. His length is apparent, and he looks more like a huge Safety than LB. He shows evidence that he can develop into a good run defender, but he's not consistent. He buckled and OG (crushed him!) at the LOS, and, on the next play, met an OL again at the LOS and worked off the block to make a TFL on McCaffrey. It was a beautiful play. But, OL also blocked him out of the play on multiple occasions, clearing huge running lanes. Overall, I'd view him as a run and chase WLB, who looks great in coverage and has shown signs that he can develop into a run-stuffing LB. I like him, and his length and agility would be welcome in Miami, but I wouldn't count on him drastically improving Miami's run D in year 1.

*This is all based off of one game. I'm looking forward to seeing what the process does with him/what he does with it. Being thin, his weigh in and physical tests will be more important than they would be for someone like Reuben Foster or Jarrad Davis.

*I don't think he's as fast as Walker was.

*I forgot to mention that I love the first two rounds.

Depending on what we do in FA I see us needing a starting LB, a starting caliber G and a Rotational D-End . A lot to ask if we take a TE with the first.

Honestly, I think we can grab Njoku in the 2nd. I think Howard is the only TE to go in round 1, and then by about the mid 2nd round there will be a substantial run on these guys. Just be patient and wait for this moment. TEs don't normally go high

The deep threat we need is already on the team and scored 8 tds iirc.

I suppose I wouldn't jump off a cliff if we grabbed Njoku, I absolutely love the kid, but i'd be way more excited with a defensive pick.

Gase seemed to be annoyed at the offense all season. Even when we won and scored a good amount of points he was seemingly never satisfied.

If he has input I wouldn't be shocked if we defy conventional wisdom and draft offense.

You have to be great somewhere. If we patch defense we're probably moving from poor to mediocre at best.

I agree the first two rounds look great. This is an excellent year to have additional early ammo. With the comp picks now tradeable I would love to be able to package them for multiple picks in the Top 40 or 45. The Caroo trade wasn't ideal timing.

Njoku is a wonderfully agile athlete. Split him out and he'll cause all type of decision making trouble for defensive coordinators. Also in the red zone. He does prefer open spaces more than rough housing. I won't be surprised it teams try to get physical with him. Late in the season he actually looked worse than at any time this season or last year. It wasn't glaring and I don't have much explanation for it. It's possible he already knew he would turn pro and was in semi protective mode.

I would look at TJ Watt if he's available. Somehow I think he's underrated given his heritage, not overrated.

It's an interesting mock.

IMO Miami absolutely has to come out of this draft with a pass rusher whether that's a linebacker or defensive end. If they are confident they can get one in R2, as your mock shows, than I could see an offensive lineman or a tight end in R1. More likely, I really expect the first two rounds to go to defense.

Butt might be a guy to gamble on in R3 at tight end. Coming off an injury, but he's a good player.

It's an interesting mock.

IMO Miami absolutely has to come out of this draft with a pass rusher whether that's a linebacker or defensive end. If they are confident they can get one in R2, as your mock shows, than I could see an offensive lineman or a tight end in R1. More likely, I really expect the first two rounds to go to defense.

Butt might be a guy to gamble on in R3 at tight end. Coming off an injury, but he's a good player.

I would have said we have to come out of the draft with a slot corner and at least one starting linebacker, who if he's a Sam would ideally have some rushing ability. In terms of need, TE and Guard are next in priority. I would put pure pass rusher in Group 3 with boundary corner and DT.

But this draft has some good DE and boundary CB options, not to mention safeties. So I'm fine with us not drafting strictly for need (assuming we patch holes in FA).

I still wouldn't say we HAVE to go DE early this year, albeit we might want to.

Back
Top Bottom