Quick Question on sellouts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quick Question on sellouts

Seminole51

Starter
Reaction score
I have been scouring the web, but cant find the answer. Does anyone know the Dolphins current consecutive sellout streak?? I mean yeah, the games technically arent "SOLD OUT" because the TV station buys the remaining tix, but still, its considered one. Anyhow, I have a bet to win with a co-worker and any information would be a help.

Thanks guys....

I actually found this, I hope it helps:SELLOUT STREAKS Consecutive sellout streaks for each team. Only Buffalo, Oakland and St. Louis did not sell out every game in 2006. Team Games Starting point Washington 304 1967 Denver 285 1970 Pittsburgh 267 1972 N.Y. Giants 248 1974 Green Bay 247 1959 N.Y. Jets 221 1978 San Francisco 202 1981 Chicago 182 1984 Dallas 128 1991 Kansas City 128 1991 New England 104 1994 Baltimore 88 1996 Tampa Bay 75 1997 Minnesota 72 1998 Miami 69 1998 Philadelphia 65 1998 Cleveland 64 1999 Tennessee 64 1999 Detroit 41 2002 Atlanta 40 2002 Houston 40 2002 Carolina 33 2002 Seattle 31 2003 Indianapolis 30 2003 Cincinnati 27 2003 San Diego 19 2004 Jacksonville 16 2005 New Orleans 9 2004 Arizona 8 2006 Buffalo 0 Oakland 0 St. Louis 0 The first number after the team name is the number of consecutive games sold out, and the second number is the year the streak started.

69 is not bad, but i'd expect that to end this season coming off of 1-15, with Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas our two franchise players both traded and expectations as low as ever. We all know that no shows are a certainty when this team struggles, unlike other cities, and of course that TV stations help out by buying those tickets.

69 is not bad, but i'd expect that to end this season coming off of 1-15, with Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas our two franchise players both traded and expectations as low as ever. We all know that no shows are a certainty when this team struggles, unlike other cities, and of course that TV stations help out by buying those tickets.

I don't know. We managed to "sell out" when we were 0-13. We don't have our Pro Bowlers, but Parcells is a household name.

I don't know. We managed to "sell out" when we were 0-13. We don't have our Pro Bowlers, but Parcells is a household name.

Yeah but those tickets i'm sure were purchased in advance, hence nobody showing up. Many others i'm sure re sold their tickets to people or just gave them away. Not to mention the away fans who invade Dolphin stadium like the Jet faithful.

Of that list shown, every single one of the teams past KC will have no shows when there teams stink.

With this economy, a lot of these streaks could end. Either the networks will buy more tickets or they will hedge their bets with the sellouts.

SpaceMountain16 said:
Yeah but those tickets i'm sure were purchased in advance, hence nobody showing up. Many others i'm sure re sold their tickets to people or just gave them away. Not to mention the away fans who invade Dolphin stadium like the Jet faithful.

I think Parcells helps people make up their mind to pick up those season tickets. Plus, this year you get a full eight games.

Oh i agree, i certainly cant blame fans for not buying tickets. The economy is rough right now, many people have to cut back. The Dolphins to many fans might be somewhat of a luxury and something at this moment not worth shelling out money they dont have for. I of course live in Philadelphia and do not buy Dolphins tickets in Miami so cant be critical.

Back
Top Bottom