Ralph Wilson has passed away. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ralph Wilson has passed away.

doughbraz54

Club Member
Reaction score
In what seems like a week that has gotten worse for Bills fans with the news of Jim Kelly, their owner since the beginning of the franchise Ralph Wilson has passed away. Again this may not be news related directly to the fins but one of the original owners in the business has passed and it is a sad day in all for this area. Living in an area like Buffalo (which I do) is crappy enough but with his passing and the possible relocation of the Bills, things may get worse. RIP.

Respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, sounds like he had a good run. 95 years old + a NFL franchise.

Sad for the family but he probably died a happy man.

Condolences. He helped make the NFL what it is today with his work with the AFL.

This could be bad news for the city of Buffalo as now the team will be sold outside the Wilson family. And without Jim Kelly around, the team very well may be bought by an owner that will move the team. Kelly is one of the strongest proponents for keeping the Bills in Buffalo.

He lived a good long life to 95.. Heck I'm hoping for 75! RIP Mr Wilson..

RIP Mr Wilson.
thnks for keeping the Bills in Bflo all those years.u were loved n respected by many

He was a minority owner of the Lions, in his hometown of Detroit, and actually went to start up in Buffalo after being rejected for a franchise by Miami his summer home... The flow of Fins (or whatever he would have called us) history could well have gone in another direction and no doubt we'd have been complaining for the last decade how out of step and cheap our owner was.. so it is all relative :idk:

In 1959, Buffalo learned that it would be awarded a professional football franchise, this time in the newly formed American Football League. Detroit businessman, Ralph C. Wilson Jr. was a minority owner of the Detroit Lions but longed to own his own team. Wilson had originally wanted to place a team in his winter home of Miami, Florida but after being spurned by the Orange Bowl, Wilson was informed about the loyal fans of Buffalo and its stadium.

RIP Mr. Wilson. One of the originals. My prayers and condolences to his family.

Bjm4_QcIEAAORTW-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom