Rank our 5 biggest positional needs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rank our 5 biggest positional needs

spydertl79

Active Roster
Reaction score
Finheaven,

What are the Dolphins 5 biggest needs to be addressed in the offseason?

My opinion:
1. WR
2. CB
3. DE
4. DT (Depth)
5. OG/C (again, Depth)

I think that #1 is pretty obvious but after that it gets a little murky.

With Jake Long
1a. WR
1b. CB
3. DE
4. LB
5. OG
6. DT

W/O Jake Long
1a. WR
1b. CB
3. OT
4. DE
5. LB
6. OG

1. WR
2. TE
3. WR
4. WR
5. WR

Only half-joking with that. If we don't go into next season with 2-3 new WRs, this off season is a failure. Sign Jennings, and draft 1-2 with those 5 picks in the top 100. I love Hartline and Bess, but neither are dynamic game-changing players. I wouldn't be heartbroken if we let Hartline walk, knowing that he will be replaced with the game-breaking weapons we need. There is no excuse to go into training camp with Tannehill short on weapons...

1. WR
2. O-line (With or without Long, we need help at several spots)
3. CB
4. DE
5. TE

These are the areas I would focus on in the draft and free agency.

1. Wr
2. Wr(#2)
3. Cb
4. Ot. (Jake Long obviously fills this void)
5. TE

With 3(?) Total wide receiver Td's that should be high on anyone's list, I think Hartline and Bess are great receivers and maybe Mathews can develop, but Moore should not be a #3. If special teams has to take a hit so the receiver core can be upgraded so be it.

Speed
Speed
Speed
Speed
Speed

Sometimes I wonder what sport Ireland thinks he's drafting for, never in the history of the NFL has there been a gm who hated speed more than jeff.

"that slow guy, over there, who is that? There's something about him I really like." SMH

1-Wr
2-Cb
3-Wr
4-OL
5-LB
6-TE

Te is a big need but we need new blood at linebacker pretty bad to help out

1.WR
1A. CB
2. LB
3. OLINE
4. RB (unless we resign bush)
5. TE

I see a lot of DE replies on here but I strongly disagree. Dline is our strongest position. I'm excited about Wake/Vernon next year.

Back
Top Bottom