9. Baltimore
  10. Indianapolis
  11. Cincinnati
  12. Buffalo
  13. San Diego
  14. Jacksonville
  15. Cleveland
  16. Jets

Yea I don't see how you could put Miami above KC at this very moment.

Eh, alright I`ll play. My rankings...which don`t mean a damn thing. I`m just killing time at work and getting paid for it.

1. New England
2. Pittsburgh
3. Kansas City
4. Oakland
5. Miami
6. Tennessee
7. Baltimore
8. Houston
9. Denver
10. Cincinnati
11. Buffalo
12. LA Chargers
13. Indianapolis
14. Jacksonville
15. Cleveland
16. New York Jets

1. NE
2. Pittsburgh
3. Kansas City
4. Oakland
5. Tennessee
6. Baltimore
7. Houston
8. Miami
9. Denver
10. Cincinnati
11. Indianapolis
12. San Diego
13. Buffalo
14. Cleveland
15. Jacksonville
16. New York

NE
Miami
Oakland
Pittsburgh
KC
Tennessee
Baltimore
Indy
Cincinnatti
SanDiego

NE
Miami
Oakland
Pittsburgh
KC
Tennessee
Baltimore
Indy
Cincinnatti
SanDiego

tumblr_mov3kawumd1sx4jfio1_400.gif

Looks like I have more faith in this years team than you do.

My early rankings. Amazing to me how many teams have a shot at the playoffs. Some really impressive talent in the AFC with lots of potential emerging teams.

1. New England
Is there any question? It kind of feels like the Patriots and then a drop off to 5-6 teams. Injuries could derail them and Brady isn't getting any younger.

2. Oakland
This is an ascending team with Carr looking like a potential elite qb and Cooper one of the best young receivers. Mack is one of the best defensive players. Their division is tough, which could be a huge factor.

3. Pittsburgh
The Steelers have a fantastic offense with Big Ben still leading the way. The team hasn't matched up well against New England and I'm not sure the defense is all that.

4. Houston
The Texans may have the best defense in the AFC. Their questions are at quarterback, but Murray (if he starts) doesn't have to do a whole lot for them to win.

5. Miami
The Dolphins should take off offensively in year two with Adam Gase. The defense has a lot of newcomers and Miami's ceiling seems to be wildcard with New England in the same division.

6. Kansas City
This team may be a tad underrated, but a potential qb controversy could come into play.

7. Tennessee
The Titans have one of the best young qb's and went 9-7 last year. Their division is up for grabs.

8. Baltimore
John Harbaugh remains one of the best coaches and the team had a nice offseason on paper. If the Steelers stumble, Baltimore and Cincinnati could capitalize.

9. Cincinnati
The Bengals have playoff talent, but something seems to be holding them back.

10. Denver
The Broncos still have a defense that can keep them in games, but they have questions at qb.

11. San Diego
On paper, the Chargers look like a playoff caliber team. Loved their draft. They always seem to underachieve, though (coaching?).

12. Buffalo
The Bills have a solid defense, a really good running game and a decent qb. They could make a move with McDermitt as head coach.

13. Indianapolis
If Luck is healthy Indianapolis has a legit playoff chance. That always seems like a big if, though.

14. Jacksonville
Emerging defense, a potential elite runner in Fournette and a division that is up for grabs. If only Jacksonville had a qb. If Bortles can step it up the Jags aren't that bad.

15. Cleveland
The Browns had a terrific offseason IMO, but they still have a long way to go.

16. NY Jets
The Jets have talent on defense, but questions everywhere on offense and maybe the worst qb situation in the NFL. They could challenge for the #1 pick.

Here's my take. At least one person has Miami ranked 2nd, some top 5, some top 10. I'm trying to remember how long it's been since fans could have THIS kind of disagreement. That, in itself, is a sign of optimism.

Back
Top Bottom