23Michael VickATL
24Priest HolmesKC
25Duce StaleyPIT
26Kevan BarlowSF
27Nick GoingsCAR
28Julius JonesDAL
29Brian WestbrookPHI
30Marshall FaulkSTL

This is last years total rushing yard ranking. The reason i'm posting it is because i want you guys to see that not many "quick, elusive" backs make this list. Remember how Clinton Portis was running wild in DENVER, and when they put Quentin Griffin (who might be the MOST ELUSIVE, QUICK back in the NFL) didn't do ****. The NFL is about having the combination of Size, Speed, and Catching ability. Blocking is a major factor as well. Ricky Williams was a very good blocker in the backfield, since he had lots of practice blocking for Priest Holmes at Texas.
Clinton Portis, Kevin Jones, Tiki Barber and Warrick Dunn are the only 4 RB's in this list of 30 that are considered "quick, elusive" running backs. 3 out of 30 aint too good. Can Carnell crack this list ???? We'll have to wait and see this year....but let's make sure he's on a team other than the FINS. At #2 we have to goe either RONNIE or CEDRIC.....no ifs ands or buts.

tiki barber is the most elusive back in the league...

but to me it depends on your O-line... if you have holes where they are supposed to be every play then a big buy who can run a straight line is the best thing for you... if you have a ****ty line, you need a shifty elusive back to be able to cut and change directions to find holes there were'nt supposed to be there, haha...

but this is why benson is the best bet, hes got that elusiveness and the tackle breaking power and some speed... hes our man

PeterJNO said:
thats not even readable

Agree. I looked at it for about 2 seconds and thought "**** this".

Anyway, if you want an RB that can trouble defenders, Benson is your guy. He gets an incredible amount of yards after initial contact.

i think you need to point out that CBrown played in only ten games and finished with over 1000 yds and had the highest yds per carry of any RB in the league.............he is listed as playing in 11 games but left two games early........one against the fins when he had 100 at the half and missed the second half and the other against the colts where he missed the whole second half............IF he plays in all 16 he likely would have been clsoe to 1800 yds..............without Steve Mcnair...........both will be back this yr.........

Ronnie is considered by alot of people as a Chris Brown type of back because he runs so upright.

Are you joking? First of all your assuming all Caddilac is is a quick, elusive back. He's more than that, he runs with power, speed, and burst. Second off all you assume all these guys are power guys. Over half the guys on that list have just as much speed and shake as they do power. You're considering Marshall change direction on a dime Faulk a power guy? How bout Westbroke or Tomlinson, they are similar in running style to Caddy. Your using a double standard judging these guys.

Brining up Griffin as an example is showing more ignorance. He is a little shrimp of an RB at like 5-7 under 200lbs. And I have never heard or would expect to hear him described as the most elusive back in the NFL. Caddy has 4 inches and 20 pounds of muscle on this guy, Griffin dosn't deserved to be compared to him.

the thing i tihnk your missing though is caddy is not that small, hes bigger than portis and the same size as edge, curtis martin, etc...

hes still got power in him, dont confuse him with a darren sproles or something, caddy isn't small or just a quick elisuve back by any means.... hes the full package...

when did i ever say he was too small......what double standard???? I know Caddy is more than a quick elusive back buddy. But my point is that he is not your typical NFL back.Don't even dare compare Ladanian to Caddy, if anything Ronnie is more like LT

dolfreak said:
when did i ever say he was too small......what double standard???? I know Caddy is more than a quick elusive back buddy. But my point is that he is not your typical NFL back.

My point that he IS your typical NFL back. Compare size/weight/speed of those top backs with Caddy and find out hes right there.

ghost of marino said:
From that list, you're suggesting that LaDainian Tomlinson isn't an elusive back?

Thats what I'm saying. Elite backs with speed and power he discounts. He only picks smaller guys as elusive backs. Caddy has been often compared to Curtis Martin, and he's number 1 on that list. Yet he must be a power runner because he is successful.

good analysis yo. Although, I do consider those who excell at following their blocks "elusive" as well. (Such as C.Martin) But your right, to succeed in today's NFL... power beats finesse. While some might say pound for pound Caddy is the toughest back in the draft, thats pound for pound. This is the NFL and Ronnie Brown is the better NFL prospect.

Also, I always appreciate when someone puts in the time to evaluate something and gives me the facts all because they want to. It's all valuable info to feed to my brain. But, ofcourse theres those whose best input is....
... I also don't see how it could be difficult for an adult to read the post... theres a list.. see?? and a paragraph beneath it!!!

Back
Top Bottom