23Michael VickATL
24Priest HolmesKC
25Duce StaleyPIT
26Kevan BarlowSF
27Nick GoingsCAR
28Julius JonesDAL
29Brian WestbrookPHI
30Marshall FaulkSTL

This is last years total rushing yard ranking. The reason i'm posting it is because i want you guys to see that not many "quick, elusive" backs make this list. Remember how Clinton Portis was running wild in DENVER, and when they put Quentin Griffin (who might be the MOST ELUSIVE, QUICK back in the NFL) didn't do ****. The NFL is about having the combination of Size, Speed, and Catching ability. Blocking is a major factor as well. Ricky Williams was a very good blocker in the backfield, since he had lots of practice blocking for Priest Holmes at Texas.
Clinton Portis, Kevin Jones, Tiki Barber and Warrick Dunn are the only 4 RB's in this list of 30 that are considered "quick, elusive" running backs. 3 out of 30 aint too good. Can Carnell crack this list ???? We'll have to wait and see this year....but let's make sure he's on a team other than the FINS. At #2 we have to goe either RONNIE or CEDRIC.....no ifs ands or buts.

What kind of drugs are you on??? You don't think C.Martin, Edge, Dillon, LT, Fred Talyor, Willis McGahee, Thomas Jones, Priest,Vick, Westbrook, and Faulk are Elusive??? Just because some of them have power also, does not make these guys not elusize. They all have great vision which is the key factor to being elusive. The guys you named off are just the small guys who are only elusive and not so much power b/c of their size. If you havent heard Caddy weighed in at 217, he also had alot of power for a frame in college only weighing 205. Go watch some highlights and actually analyze some film instead of just using their weight as a factor!

dolfreak said:
when did i ever say he was too small......what double standard???? I know Caddy is more than a quick elusive back buddy. But my point is that he is not your typical NFL back.Don't even dare compare Ladanian to Caddy, if anything Ronnie is more like LT

Why do you think Ronnie is more like LT??? B/c both are fast?? explain! LT is probably the most elusive back in the NFL, but the thing with him is he has power when need. LT's vision is awesome, He see things all the way across the field and knows how to react to it and where to go. Or is it b/c they both are fast?

Yes Ronnie is fast and has great hands, no doubt! but Ronnie's vision is not all that great. and Vision is the most important thing for a RB to have. You can teach someone to catch or to block alot easier then you can to teach someone vision and how to be agile, that comes natural!

dolfreak said:
Don't even dare compare Ladanian to Caddy, if anything Ronnie is more like LT

You're still kidding right?

if any back is like LT in this draft its benson, they are the exact same height weight and have a similar running style of power and elusiveness... wooooo gimme some benson april 23rd

arsenal said:
if any back is like LT in this draft its benson, they are the exact same height weight and have a similar running style of power and elusiveness... wooooo gimme some benson april 23rd

LT is faster and alot more elusive, and Benson is more of a power runner not an elusive runner(not saying he isnt elusive at all, just not close to LT). Size wise yes very similar, yet so are Caddy and Benson now that Caddy has put on weight. But LT=Benson not quite.

arsenal said:

caddy-5'11 217
benson-5'10 222
brown-6'0 233

LT- 5'10 221

Besides Browns extra 10 pounds, all these backs are similar in size. That should not be an argument.

BTW Benson is nothing like LT in running style. He's a Ricky type, good combination of speed and power, but more power.

Yeah ,ok.:roflmao:
dolfreak said:
Ronnie is considered by alot of people as a Chris Brown type of back because he runs so upright.

Some of these comparisons are a joke. LT??? ,no way for either Brown or Benson. Chris Brown??? People make up so much crap on this board it's laughable.

knight6jb said:
Agreed on that, Chris Brown is a little far fetched. Maybe people compare them because they have the same last name??:lol:

csabe said:
Some of these comparisons are a joke. LT??? ,no way for either Brown or Benson. Chris Brown??? People make up so much crap on this board it's laughable.

Agreed. Honestly the only back I've really watched play and thought was very similar to LT was Memphis's Deangello Williams. If he came out this year I would definatly target him.

Benson is a power runner but has some wiggle to him. He keeps himself very compact, which will help him greatly in the pros. I started another thread as it relates to some of the concerns surrounding Brown - I didn't even mention his upright running style. I recall watching the Auburn vs Alabama game and that trait was very apparent. Upright runners have historically had injury problems in the pros...Eric Dickerson, Eddie George, Chris Brown.

Back
Top Bottom